Chapter 5

There was a spring in Rachel's step as she got up from bed. Of course there was usually a spring in her step as she was a very happy, optimistic person, but it was different and understandably so. Quinn had talked to her, like really talked to her, and she even called her cute. Maybe it wasn't the most perfect way for them to have met, but there was no denying that the two of them had clicked. Rachel had known for a while that Quinn was her soulmate and spending some time with her only helped to confirm that fact.

She was so happy. She just had to share the good news. After preparing for the day and eating a hearty breakfast she headed outside where Noah was waiting to drive her off to school. He quirked an eyebrow at her as he watched her skip down to him, clearly noting her exceptionally chipper mood. He didn't even get to ask before Rachel told him about the previous day. "She called me cute," she told him. "Quinn called me cute. She thinks I'm cute."

"I see," he replied with a weak nod. He was trying to hold back his laughter. Normally Rachel would get mad at him for spoiling her good mood, but as it was he actually wasn't. She felt amazing, and she knew that nothing could have brought her down. She got into his car and they drove off, once again fighting over control of the radio. Once more Rachel won. During the short trip, she told him more about what had happened. Not a detail was spared. From how Quinn tended to her head to their similar taste in music, Rachel made sure that Noah was well informed. She did happen to leave out the whole shower thing. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out where Noah's mind would go if he heard about that.

He was happy for her of course, and after she told her story the two of them discussed further passing practice. Rachel remembered about Finn and felt a little bad. She made a mental note to talk to him to make sure that he didn't blame himself. Rachel asked about what Finn's first period was. Noah assured her that she wouldn't have to worry about Finn, but he knew how Rachel would get so he told her anyway. Rachel thanked him and once they were at school she sped off in that direction.

Despite enjoying accomplishing things alone, Rachel knew the value of teamwork. Victory in football required such teamwork. Even though she was good, Rachel knew that she wouldn't be able to win by herself. She would need the help of her team, Finn especially since he was the starting quarterback. Of course she was worried about Finn too. It's not as though she only wanted to make sure he was okay so that he could play his part in her grand plan of winning the heart of Quinn Fabray. No, no. That wasn't her motivation at all... except you know maybe it was, but just kind of.

Rachel made her way through the halls at a moderately fast pace. She weaved in and out between her fellow students. It was almost as though she was on the field and everyone else comprised the defense. Before long Rachel was at Finn's class, first period English. She checked inside to see if he was there but he wasn't. She frowned, but there was nothing to be done. Rachel turned around to exit and quickly made her way to her own class.

She walked down the hall and rounded a corner, and then she heard it. "Hey! Rachel!" She stopped at the sound of Quinn's voice. Rachel turned to find her approaching from the same direction that she had just come from. As she got closer, Quinn reached up and brushed away a few loose strands of Rachel's hair, which caused her heart to flutter. "How's your head?"

"F-fine."
"That's good. Well, see you." She waved with a smile and walked away.

"B-Bye."

Rachel was far less eloquent than the day before, but she held her head up high. She hadn't even been able to practice how she was going to talk to Quinn yet. After a few conversations with her mirror, Rachel would surely be able to get Quinn to fall in love with her. But until then Rachel had other things to worry about. Her first game was coming up, and she needed to get ready, and for that she would still need to talk to Finn.