Chapter 14

Homecoming. Quinn had been waiting for this night. It had been two weeks since her talk with Frannie; two amazingly great weeks. She didn't really like admitting the truth to her sister, but only because doing so also admit that she had wasted so much time. The thing was that if Quinn were being honest then she'd have to say that she didn't really know the answer to Frannie's question. Quinn had known of Rachel's existence prior to the little incident with Finn.

She had always thought that she had been cute. Quinn could even remember the first time that she had ever seen her. It was the first day of school back in their freshman year. Rachel marched down the halls of McKinley with head held high. Few people truly enjoyed the start of a new school year; Rachel was one of those people. With that dazzling smile upon her face it was hard for Quinn not to think that she was anything but beautiful.

But then Puck came along and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He had said something and she laughed. Needless to say that Quinn had been a bit disappointed, and did her best to push the cute little brunette out of her mind. Said task proved to be easier said than done. One of the first things Quinn had learned about Rachel was that she was smart. The two of them share a number of classes, a few of them being honors. Quinn came to find that Rachel was the kind of person to raise her hand in class. She didn't care that it wasn't cool to do so. She genuinely liked learning, just like Quinn.

And just like that Quinn's plan of forgetting about Rachel's existence was forgotten. She wouldn't have been able to go through with the plan even if she wanted to. Rachel had something about her; something that begged for attention. Quinn couldn't help but giggle as she thought about it. She quickly checked the time. There were still several hours left before she had to pick Rachel up. It felt weird, but in a good way.

Quinn had never gone to a dance alone, but all the same she had never gone to one with a date. She always had to go along with Santana and Brittany, and although she loved the two of them Quinn hated the feeling of being a third wheel. But now it would be just her and Rachel. They'd be able to dance the night away if they wanted to. The previous night she had been terrified as she watched Rachel play. Quinn was always terrified whenever she had to watch Rachel play.

Last week she had been so glad because the Titans didn't have a game. And at the end of the week she and Rachel went out on their second date. It had been lovely. Rachel had planned the whole thing out. She had given Quinn flowers, taken her to a movie, some dancing and she finished the night off with dinner. It was a dream come true and the one thing that could have ruined it all was if Rachel had gotten injured during the Homecoming Game.

It wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world; sitting by Rachel's bedside and making sure that she was okay. Quinn wouldn't have minded. There would be other dances for them to attend, but that wasn't the point. But Quinn didn't have to worry about that anyway. She had a dance to get ready for. She went to her bathroom and hopped into the shower. Her dress was hanging just inside her closet. It had taken forever to find the perfect one but it would be so worth.

She couldn't wait to see Rachel's reaction, or just to see Rachel herself. But that's all she could do; wait. After her shower Quinn slipped into her dress; a back little number with a high lace neckline that which showed off some skin without being too revealing. It hugged her curves perfectly. She gave herself a once over in the body length mirror she had hanging on the inside of her closet. Not to sound full of herself, but Quinn thought she looked hot.

Quinn did a little spin and took a brief glance at her butt. It looked a little big. Quinn frowned slightly. Still she looked great though. Another glance at the time told Quinn that she didn't need to pick Rachel up any time soon, but she was getting impatient. She looked herself over in the mirror once more before deciding that she didn't really care about being casually late. Quinn slowly made her way downstairs where her parents were watching some television in the living room.