Chapter 10

Rachel's date with Quinn had gone perfectly, that is if you ignored certain mishaps and her fathers' attempts of embarrassing her. Aside from that everything went like a dream. Rachel couldn't help but smile for the rest of the weekend. It was a long wait and all she wanted was to see Quinn again and maybe plan a second date. Rachel had learned a lot from her first date with Quinn; her first date ever to be exact.

She had made a few mistakes like calling so early and not taking Quinn's food preferences into consideration but Rachel was determined to use what she had learned to be a better girlfriend, or at least she would once she actually attained the title of girlfriend. Until then she'd just have to take Quinn out on more dates, and Rachel was more than okay with that.

On Monday morning when school started the first thing that Rachel did was look for Quinn. It wasn't a long search. Rachel found Quinn at her locker talking with Santana and Brittany. She couldn't see her face but it was clear that Quinn was still upset with the dirty trick that Santana had pulled to get out of cleaning up. Rachel understood perfect but at the same time she had enjoyed getting some alone time with Quinn. Part of her actually wanted to thank Santana, but she wasn't going to.

Rachel slowly snuck up on them. Once she was directly behind Quinn, Rachel got up on her tippy-toes and wrapped her arms around Quinn's shoulders. The no kissing rule was still tentatively under effect so Rachel just kissed Quinn's cheek. "Good morning beautiful." Santana made a gagging gesture, one which Rachel took with stride. The way Rachel saw it Santana owed her, not because she skipped out on cleaning, but because Rachel could already feel Quinn calming down.

"Morning to you too." Quinn twisted her head to the side and gently pecked Rachel's cheek as well. Santana groaned her disgust but a pout from Brittany was all that was needed to cease her instigating. "Whipped," Quinn whispered to which Rachel giggled. Quinn laughed a moment later and it was obvious that Santana wanted to glare at them but she stopped herself from doing so. She linked arms with Brittany and went off to class, much to Rachel's delight.

Once more she had Quinn all to herself. She let of her and Quinn spun around. "So, I had a lot of fun the other day and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out again sometime... maybe this weekend?" She smiled hopefully.

"I'd love to." Rachel was about to squeal in triumph but Quinn continued on, "But I can't." Rachel pouted. "My sister is visiting this weekend," she explained. "I don't see her very often since she goes to school over in California so I'd really like to spend as much time with her as I can." Rachel nodded her understanding as she tried to put on a smile. She was happy for Quinn but she was still disappointed. "But... I'm free next weekend."

At that Rachel did squeal. "That'll be splendid."

"Great, I can't wait to see what you have planned for me." She kissed her on the cheek once more and then headed off to class.

It was probably for the best that Rachel would have to wait an extra week before her next date with Quinn. It would give her more time to plan as well as to heal. The game Friday night had left its mark, or two, or three. Her bruises looked worse than they actually were but they still hurt. It'd be nice to have them gone before her next date. That way it'd be easier to cuddle and Rachel would be able to show some skin if she wanted to. She probably wasn't going to, it was still too early in the relationship, but having the option would have been nice. Despite that, Rachel felt good about how everything was.

At lunch she sat down at the popular table once more, right next to Quinn. Apparently, word about their date had gotten around a bit. Some of the Cheerios were gossiping about it and the Titans were congratulating Rachel about it. Quinn seemed uncomfortable with all of it, but she took it with stride.