Chapter 11

"Oh, that feels good," Rachel whimpered.

Quinn chuckled above her. "I would hope so," she all but husked into her ear.

Now before you get any bright ideas it should be noted that Rachel was simply getting a massage, and to be completely honest Rachel might have imagined the seductive tone of Quinn's voice.

Anyway as the fact was, despite never seeing Rachel's bruises, Quinn could guess that Rachel could use some relaxing. Rachel was still fully clothed but she didn't mind that at all. Skin on skin contact would probably be more effective but she wasn't confident enough to take her top off in front of Quinn. And of course she also didn't want Quinn to see her bruises.

Either way, Quinn's hands were magical. Even through a few layers of clothing, her touch eased all the pain away. Rachel could only imagine how much better it could be. Undoubtedly, it could be much better but Rachel was content with things as they were. She elicited happy sounds as Quinn continued to work on her back. "Oh, so good. I needed this Quinn. Thanks a lot."

"No problem. Maybe you can make it up to me later," Quinn proposed.

Rachel was more than up to that. "Anything in particular you have in mind?"

"I'll let you know," Quinn said before kissing the back of her head. "For now, just relax."

Rachel had no complaints. She really needed her rest. Her life had been busy enough prior to joining the football team, but since she had it was almost as though she didn't even have a moment to breathe. Rachel had something to do every second of every minute of every day. And the small amount of free time that she'd manage to find, Rachel typically tried to spend with Quinn.

It was imperative that they get together in the shortest time possible. As the fact was there was less than a year left before they'd be off to college. They had yet to talk anything about the future, or about where Quinn was applying to. Rachel's heart was already set on New York and NYADA. She could only hope that Quinn would be somewhere close by, like NYU. Either way, they would have to get prepared if their relationship were to last.

And while they stilled had the rest of the year to do so Rachel knew that all that time could pass by in an instant. Now that Rachel finally had Quinn, albeit not officially, she wasn't going to lose her. She would just have to find the right pace to solidify her place in Quinn's heart. Thus far Rachel felt like she had been doing an adequate job at doing just that, and so she decided not to change her routine.

The following day at school went quite well. The two of them walked each other to class, and as always at lunch they sat together. A couple of times they would eat in private but mostly they'd sit at the popular table. This time they went for the popular table. As they closed in everyone started waving and saying hi, except for that one brunette Cheerio who would always get really quiet whenever Rachel got near.

Rachel could guess the reason why, even if she didn't really believe it. But the fact that Quinn would always make sure to sit in between the two of them could only reinforce Rachel's assumption. Regardless, Rachel didn't have the time to really read into things. She already had a lot on her plate and she still needed to plan out her next date with Quinn. She was snapped out of her thoughts though when a number of her teammates decided to sit down.

They all greeted her and then started talking sports, a topic which Rachel knew very little about. Luckily, her participation in the conversation wasn't necessary. They excitedly discussed these great plays that they had seen college and pro teams perform. Apparently, one reminded Mike of a move Rachel had done the day before during practice. From there everyone started giving her praise for slipping through four defenders before leaping over a fifth as he tried to take her to the ground.