Chapter 8

It was a simple question with an equally simple answer; yes or no. The answer of course was yes. A single word; that was all that Rachel needed to say and Quinn would be all hers... maybe. Rachel hadn't expected this moment to come so soon, but her opportunity was right there. All she had to do was answer. "Um... well, I uh..."

"Oh my God, it is me, isn't it?" Rachel hugged Lambchop close as she gave a slight nod. She closed her eyes as she prepared for possible rejection. And then she felt the pads of Quinn's fingers upon her cheek, her thumb gently rubbing circles on it. "God, you really are cute." Rachel's eyes popped open just as she felt the bed dip. Quinn was closer to her than she was before. She licked her lips and leaned in. "May I?" she asked, to which Rachel could only whimper. Quinn took that as a yes and closed the distance between them.

Their lips collided and Rachel moaned. Her first kiss. It was everything she could have hoped for. The grip she had on Lambchop loosened, and he fell onto her lap. Quinn pulled back, her hand still stroking Rachel's cheek. "Wow," she squeaked out to which Quinn giggled. "That was... that was... wow." Rachel closed her eye and breathed out a sigh of relief. She couldn't believe it. It seemed too good to be true. Just to be sure she pinched herself. "Ow!"

Quinn laughed before grabbing her arm to make sure that Rachel hadn't hurt herself. "What are you doing?" Rachel looked unharmed but Quinn kissed her arm regardless. "You're so silly." So it was real. Quinn had kissed her. She had initiated the kiss.

"So, you like me back?"

Once more Rachel had Quinn giggling. "Uh, yeah. I thought I was pretty obvious about that." She had been, kind of. Maybe if Rachel had better gaydar she would have seen Quinn's flirting for what it was instead of thinking that it was just her being nice. "I've liked you for a while Rachel, and that's kind of why Santana's been a bit of a bitch to you."

"What?"

"She knows how I feel," she explained. "And she's been telling me that you feel the same." Rachel was still confused and Quinn could tell. "She thought that if she instigated me enough that I'd make a move eventually." She absentmindedly played with her fingers. "I guess that I should have." She gently grabbed Rachel and went to lie down, pulling Rachel down with her, with Lambchop squeezed between them. He was stuck there for a bit before Quinn took him and placed him beside them. "Stay here with me, just for a bit. We can go back to the party later."

"That's fine with me."

The two of them just stayed there on the bed. There was nothing but the two of them, and Lambchop, who was happily watching them. Rachel didn't really mind his company, although she did wish that the two of them were completely alone. There weren't much words said. They simply cuddled with one for a while, the party going on below them all but forgotten. They could still hear it, and Rachel wished that Quinn's room was more like her own; soundproof walls would have been nice to have.

She nuzzled closer to girlfriend when a thought came to mind. Things had happened so fast that she didn't actually know where the two of them stood. Officially, Quinn wasn't her girlfriend. There was no immediate need to label things, but Rachel wanted some reassurance. She squeezed Quinn's arm as she called her name, "Quinn?" Quinn hummed her response, signally Rachel to continue. "Are we... are we together?" Quinn pulled back so she could get a better look at Rachel. She was smiling, so that was a good sign.

"Well, I wouldn't say that we're together yet," she laughed. "We haven't even been on a date yet, and I'd prefer if we went slowly." Rachel could understand that. She could appreciate it. It wasn't as though she wanted to rush things anyway. Letting their relationship develop at a nice steady pace was just perfect for her. "Besides, I've never actually been with anyone before."

The Running BackOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara