t w o

❝The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.❞

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Max on the side!

________________________

"What's your name?" I asked after I had sat down in the wooden chair.

"Max. What's yours?" He asked in return making eye contact.

"Loni," I said quietly, becoming a little shy.

"Well Loni, it is very nice to meet you." He placed his book in his satchel as I had seen him do countless times before.

Except instead of clearing his area like I had seen him do many times, he continued to sit, and extended his hand out towards me.

I took his hand slowly, shaking it and then pulling back with a soft nod. "It's nice to meet you too, Max,"I tested his name after a second.

His name rolled off my tongue just as soothingly as my own sounded from his.

We looked around the same age, but it didn't hurt to ask. "What grade are you in?"

"Junior at Beacon Prep." I gaped at him.

"I'm a junior at Beacon Prep!" I said in shock. I hadn't recognized his face and I still don't.

Maybe we just didn't have any classes together.

His eyebrows shot up in amusement. "Really?" I nodded.

"Well it's nice to meet a new classmate. I've never seen you around school before," he started.

I shook my head. "Yeah I haven't seen you around either, but the school is pretty big so..." I took another sip of my coffee.

"What book were you reading?" I asked after I had set my cup back down.

"Steve Jobs," he answered. I nodded, a faint smile making it's way onto my face.

Steve Jobs. That's what Max had been reading everyday he came in here. I finally knew.

"The iPhone guy, right?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Yeah but he was much more than that. The guy was a flipping genius. He was credited for being the executive producer for Toy Story, and turned Apple around from being on the brink of bankruptcy to one of the most successful business of all time."

He chatted on and on about him, and even though I honestly wasn't fascinated about the topic, the fact that Max was, was enough to keep me captivated.

"That's really amazing," I said sincerely after he had come down from his information high.

"Yeah it is," he sighed longingly. " I hope I can be as successful as he was one day."

I smiled at him with chapped lips, licking them habitually. "I don't doubt that you will."

He looked at me for a long minute before his own smile illuminated his face before he began to gather up his stuff.

I glanced at my watch that rested on my left wrist, noticing that the time was eight-thirty.

I sighed, he always left at this time.

I stood up as he did, watching as he threw his satchel over his head so that the strap rested on the right side of his collarbone.

Once he decided that his area was clean, he looked at me once again. "Unfortunately, I have to go. But I hope to see you again Loni. I enjoy seeing you already here every morning I walk in."