Christina Aguilera

Christina Aguilera's Child

"Mommy can you cut some strawberries up for me please!" My three year old adoptive daughter named Courtney yelled to me from upstairs. I adopted Courtney because I was going through a rough time with my boyfriend cheating on me and my parents ignoring me, so I felt really lonely by myself.

"Yeah baby, let me get these cookies in the oven" I yelled back. I went over and carefully placed the cookie rack, full of cookies, in to the stove. I grabbed the strawberries out of the fridge and grabbed a knife and bowl. I started to chop up the strawberries. I was really stressed out about my new album so I wasn't paying attention on how I was cutting them and when I looked down they were in a different shape than she usually likes them.

'Oh well she'll just have to eat them like that' I said to myself.

"Courtney, your strawberries are done!" I shouted upstairs.

"Coming!" She shouted back. I heard her run down the stairs, through the living room, and into the kitchen. I set the bowl down on the table for her and she just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Mom I can't eat these! These are slices! I only eat cubes!" She screamed at me. I tried to stay calm.

"I'm sorry honey, Mommy's just so stressed about the new songs that I forgot. Here let me cut them again." I say to her.

"You know what Mommy? I wish I had a mom that could do stuff right instead of one that only cares about her job!" She yelled at the top of her voice. She ran out of the kitchen before I could say anything. I was just so shocked that she said that I was a bad mother, when I thought I was pretty good at taking care of her. Before I knew it, I started to cry, and I never cried. I just couldn't stand the thought of my little girl not loving me. My thought were interupped by the oven beeping. I went over and took the cookies out of the stove and put them on the cooling rack. My tears finally dried when I heard Coutney come down the stairs into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you Mommy, here I made this for you." Courtney held up a picture of her and I playing in the backyard and on the bottom it says 'I love you!'.

"Oh baby thank you so much! I love it and I love you!" I spoke to her.

"Here have some cookies" I said.

"Only if you have some." She giggled. We spent the rest of the day laughing and eating chocolate chip cookies.

*Authors note

This is dedicated Radberry! I hope you like it! If anybody wants a one-shot please message me! Don't forget to like and comment!!