A Night To Remember

"Ughhh I can't get this stupid eyeliner on right," Promise complained as she is trying for the third time to put winged eyeliner on her eye.

"Maybe you're not doing it right," Giselle says to her as she is finishing her wing. She leans forward to the mirror to make sure both her wings are the same. "Let me help you in a second."

"No, that's okay. I don't need any help," Promise tries to finish her wing on her left eye when her hand slips and the eyeliner smears. "Fuck!"

Giselle looks over and laughs, "Honey, you do need help. Hold on." She is holding her eyeliner in one hand and walks over to Promise who is now wiping at the smeared eyeliner. "Stop. Stop! Before you mess it up even more."

"Ughhh, Giselle, it's fine!" She made one last attempt and gets the eyeliner down her cheek and eyeshadow smudged.
She then looks over at Giselle who is laughing and taking pictures of her.

"Bruh, stop! I really tried. This isn't easy."

Giselle still laughing, "Then let me do it for you."

Promise sighs as she moves the spinning chair to face Giselle who is taking one last picture of Promise's failed makeup attempt. "You better not post those!"

"Can't make any promises, Promise," Giselle laughs and puts her phone on the desk. "Oh girl, this is horrible."

"You don't say."

Giselle reaches for a makeup wipe and starts to clean the mess Promise made on her left eye. She then starts to fix promise's eye, "Close your eyes."

Promise closes both of her eyes as Giselle fixes her left eye makeup. In her mind, she's jealous of Giselle's ability to have "perfect" eye makeup, or makeup in general. Or perfect hair, a nice figure, even talent. Giselle is basically everything Promise isn't. Promise is petite and small, short brown hair, and brown eyes. She lives with her Dad and younger brother in a townhome. Giselle is more rich, living in a "mansion" as Promise thinks of it, with a mother who has a good paying job and a dog. She's the only child, and she's lucky to be, according to Promise. Giselle looks like a model, 2 inches taller than Promise, long waist length light brown hair, and hazel eyes. Her hair is more wavy while Promise's is naturally curly and touching her shoulders when straightened. Promise straightens her hair more than she leaves it naturally curly because of shrinkage. She wishes she can live in Giselle's shoes, but she can only wish.

"Done," Giselle takes a step back and lets Promise look at the winged eyeliner she fixed in the mirror.

Promise looks into the mirror on the desk. Giselle stands beside her smiling and repeating over and over, "Do you like it?"

Noticing the two differences between the eyeliner, Promise sighs loudly. Her right eye looks more blotchy and different than the left eye, which Giselle did. Promise stares at herself in the mirror while Giselle just stares at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Promise continues to stare at herself.

Giselle tilts her head. "You fucking liar."

"Language!"

"You cannot lie to me, loser. Now tell me what's wrong," Giselle folds her arms.

"Nothing!"

"So you want to play that game? Alright." Giselle pulls up a chair beside her and continues to fold her arms. "We can sit here all day until you tell me what's wrong."

"I'm fine, Giselle." Promise turns to her and indicates she wants her other eye done by her, but Giselle folds her arms and stares at her straight faced.