What's Your Alibi?

There's been situations Promise can remember that terrified her. She's experienced the feeling of being trapped in a closet because the handle broke off. The feeling of a jellyfish stinging her on her back, which gave her a scar that she still looks at in the mirror to this day. The feeling of slipping in the shower, falling from a branch on a small tree, and so much more.

None of these situations can compare to how she feels right now. Nothing even comes close to how she feels in this very moment, about to get stabbed in her chest.

The fear, the adrenaline, the sweat and tears! She laid there with intense body shakes and sweat. Michael managed to pull her onto the ground to where she's lying down, but no matter how much she tried to fight him off she felt more weak.

To the point where she just laid there, her best friend right next to her. Making eye contact with Giselle, she can see her bulging eyes and mouth wide open. In the corner of her eye she can see someone standing, watching her and it is definitely not Michael.

Turning her head back to her killer she accepted her death by the hands of an already killer, without realizing, the ghost of Giselle Robinson standing in the corner watching the scene unfold. Michael yelled as Promise screamed as he aimed the knife high then with full force slammed it to her chest. She did not feel anything because just as the knife plunged into her chest, she woke up in a cold sweat.

Shivers ran through out her body as she opened her eyes to see the same hospital room she was just in. She laid on the hospital bed, blanket wrapped around her, and everything exactly how it was before.

Was that a nightmare?

She laid there, panting and sweat starting to build up on her forehead. Her hands even became clammy. She looked all around her room, seeing nobody there. How could that have just been a nightmare when it felt so real? Pulling the cover off of her quickly, she hurried to the door where she saw the busy hospital hallway. People stood talking on their phones, nurses walked back and forth talking with doctors. However, what caught Promise's eye is her dad seen standing, facing the wall, his hand up to his ear. He is talking on the phone, not facing the wall weirdly, like in her nightmare.

Promise pulled the door open, expecting to see the lights all turn off like they did thirty minutes ago. However, the lights remained on and the busy hallway continued.

Oh thank God! It was a nightmare!

Running over to her dad, Promise stood behind him, still shaken up. She stood there not wanting to interrupt his conversation.

"She's sleeping, been asleep for about an hour..."

Whoever he is on the phone with responded, in which he replied with, "No I'm not going to tell anyone, who needs to know? What do I tell people? My daughter's best friend was murdered by the hands of her-"

The person on the other end must've interrupted because he got quiet. Promise can see his knuckles turning white from how hard he clenched the phone. He must've been talking with someone important for him to clench the phone that hard.

A few seconds after the person said something, her dad spoke again, and again he was interrupted.

"I have to get her help, she's not going to be okay after this. What can I do?" her dad spoke into the phone.

Promise shifted uncomfortably, waiting patiently for him to get off the phone. Her dad grew quiet after the question, the person on the other line must've gave an answer to whatever they were discussing.

People continued to walk all around her, which made her feel more uncomfortable because her back was open, showing a little of her underwear and hospitals in general make her nervous.