The Figure Returns

Promise just learned that her best friend of 2 years was pregnant by Michael Thomas. THE Michael Thomas, the same man who Promise liked for so long and the same man who killed Giselle. Michael Thomas impregnated Giselle Robinson and she's been keeping this a secret from Promise for 4 months?! 

Everything did not make any sense. Why would Giselle hide this from her own best friend? Why would she be drinking if she was 4 months pregnant? When was she ever going to tell Promise? 

There were a lot of questions flooding through her mind as she tried to swallow back the food trying to force its way up her throat. She started to feel nauseated, but tried to control all of this so that she can comfort Gina and find out answers. 

"Preg-Pregnant?" she choked out. 

Gina just nodded her head, her eyes raising a little as she added, "You didn't know?" 

Promise just shook her head, her heart pounding in her chest and the sweat from when she ran here starting to drip down her forehead. 

Ms. Robinson shook her head, touching her fingers to her pink lips. "She tried to keep everything a secret. Said that she'd tell everyone herself, and told me she would tell Michael when she was ready."

Gina looked away again as she added, "I guess she finally told him."

She looked back to Promise who was trying her hardest to blink back tears. 

"I knew that he would hurt her. He's a football player with a full ride scholarship to "Ohio State," and he knows people that could help cover up a murder. His parents are loaded with money, more than I am. He probably got rid of the baby and her after he found out."

She sighed, "She wanted to keep it. She had her whole life ahead of her, but she wanted to keep that baby. She didn't want to do anything else, but raise her child. Michael has a full life ahead of him too, but to kill his own girlfriend and child?" 

She started to cry again, Promise did not join in because she is so astonished at the news she's hearing. When Gina's tears died down, Promise managed to ask a few questions. 

"How did you find out she was pregnant?" is her first question. 

Giselle never told her mother anything. Ever since her dad died last year, Gina Robinson has been the last person to know anything about what is going on in her daughter's life. Giselle kept' everything a secret from her because she hated her. 

Gina slept around with her father's best friend, which Giselle never forgave her for. Gina knew there was hostility between she and her daughter, but she didn't care. She still wanted to be there for her only child, especially since her husband is now gone. 

A year ago, there was her husband, her daughter, and her dog. The family were all very close, got everything they wanted, and then some. Gina became a stay at home mother after Giselle was born, and she stayed home to raise their kid while her husband went to work in the office. Even after Giselle grew up, Gina hasn't been in the work force in so long that she just continued to stay at home despite her constant boredom.

To make a long story short, she became lonely. Her husband's bestfriend would come over to obviously see the family and sometimes slept over because he was apart of the family. He had his own family back home, but Gina didn't care after awhile. 

They started to sleep around after she grew more and more lonely and she didn't mean for Giselle to find out, but she didn't care after she did. 

That grew tension between herself and her daughter and their relationship never went back to how it was. The loving bond between mother and daughter grew into arguing, stuff breaking, and Giselle always running out of the house to either Promise or Michael's.