What Happened That Night?

Her eyelids started to flicker a little, which her Dad noticed. He pays attention to her closely, maybe a little too closely. Maybe it's because his daughter was just at a party with a bunch of  minors drinking alcohol, smoking weed, and doing all kinds of illegal things.

Maybe he's not to blame for paying attention to her closely, but who is?

Who's to blame for the death of Giselle Robinson?

Everything escalated very fast from when the police showed up. People were being sent home in police cars, parents came one after the other screaming at their kids, and the biggest eventful moment of it all is the caution tape being spread all around the front yard. The beautiful house became a crime scene, and that's just the beginning.

Promise never would've believed if someone told her that her best friend is going to die their senior year of high school. The same girl who saved Promise from boredom so many times by taking her on a long car ride in her brand new Mercedes. The same girl who performed all her lines from the show she was in, in front of Promise a million and more times. The same girl that was the other half of Promise. Now, nothing will be the same.

In the present, she felt a hand rubbing on her forehead, it is a warm hand, a familiar hand because a stranger would not be touching her. It must be her dad, and he was by her side. Which means she's not at Michael's house anymore.

She flickered her eyes again and this time she heard a voice saying her name.

"Promise!"

She felt a feeling of calmness run over her, knowing her dad is here.

Her eyelids were finally adjusted enough to open, but she did not want to open them just yet.

What had just happened? Where is she? Many questions needed an answer, but no one would know unless she opened her eyes.

After some minutes, she finally did. Slowly she let her eyes open, but it took about ten seconds for her eyes to let the blur fade away. When her eyes came to focus, she can see she was laying on a hospital bed with a hospital gown on. Someone took her bloody stained clothes off.

She could make out a man standing next to her, her dad. She smelt his cologne, he always wears the same fragrance. She couldn't see much else, but she knew she was safe. Her dad spoke to her softly, but she did not pay him any mind. She wanted to make sure she wasn't dreaming and a few seconds later when she can finally see where she was, she finally let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank God!" her father sighed. "Honey, are you okay?!"

Promise laid there, not responding right away because she looked around her surroundings. She laid in a hospital bed in a hospital room, which was empty of people except for her father.

Her clothes have been changed to a hospital  gown, her shoes were even gone. She looked off in the distance, confused and disoriented.

"Baby, answer me please I need to know you are okay!" her dad pleaded.

She stared off into the distance, still not responding. Something was not right, but she could not put a finger on it. What just happened? Not even what, did that really just happen? What's happening at all?

"Promise!"

Still no response.

"I'm getting a doctor," he finally said.

Doctor? No, wait!

"Dad?" she choked, but managed to get out.

Her Dad was close to leaving the room, but he returned back to her side and put his warm hand back on her forehead.