Chapter 5

**Beth**

Johnny, Ponyboy, and I walked out to the lot where Johnny and I had our little encounter earlier. It was dark now and the stars were the brightest I had seen in my life. We laid down in the lot looking up at the dark night sky lit up with tiny white dots. Johnny had started a fire. I was in the middle of both of them. I'm sure that when Johnny and I tell the story of how we met, it's going to be pretty unique compared to the others. I like that it's not a super fluffy one, like the guy stared at the girl and when their eyes met, they knew it was fate. Reality smacked me in the face and I realized that it was super late. My mom would be worried.
"I gotta go.." They both sat up.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Johnny asked.

"Sure." I replied helping him up.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Ponyboy waved as we began to walk away.

We started walking back to my house. I wasn't in a hurry because I wanted to be alone with Johnny, but Its not like we were just strolling along, waiting for something to pop out at us. He looked back to where Ponyboy was sitting but he had already left. It was now that I realized that Johnny looked beat up. Johnny caught me staring at him and we both laughed and looked away. Good thing it was dark because I could feel my cheeks burning again. Johnny finally broke the silence.

"So did you have lots of friends?"

An image of Kara, Jessie, and Zander flashed through my head.

"Not alot.. just enough.."

"Oh. Do you miss them alot?"

"Tons. Im glad I met you because I was nervous I'd be alone.." I chuckled.

He looked down at the street.

"Well you have all of us now." He said and slipped his hand into mine. Wow. It was great. We walked up the steps of my new house and Johnny was still holding my hand.

"Well goodnight." I said.. Why did I feel so awkward around him.

"Night." He said letting go of my hand and turning away. When I walked inside my mom was sitting in the chair next to the window reading Gone with the Wind.

"Hey honey! Where ya been?" She said tiredly.

"I made some friends.."

"Really? Good for you!" She said standing and walking toward me. She hugged me tight.

"And who dropped you off?"

"One of my new friends, Johnny.."

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Its not like that mom!" I said laughing.

"Well okay! Im going to bed."

"Night mom." I said heading to my room.

"Night!"

When I got to my room, I shut the door, changed, and laid down. I was trying to match faces and names of the people I had just met. Boy. Today was good. Its been awhile since I've actually felt this good.. I couldn't stop thinking about what Johnny said, "Well you have all us now.."

I hope you guys like it! Leave comments and votes please!