Chapter 6

The next morning I sat down at the breakfast table and my mom made eggs for my younger sister and I. I had just woken up and was thinking about the night before.

"Why are you so smiley this morning?" My mom asked sitting down a crossed from me.

"No reason." I smirked.

After breakfast, got ready and headed out to the lot hoping to find Johnny or one of the boys. When I got there I found Johnny but this time he had a black eye.

"What happened?" I asked immediant conserned as I thought of all the worst case sinarious.

"Nothin. Don't worry about it."

"What happened?" I repeated more sternly than before.

"Things just got a little crazy with my dad last night... It isn't a big deal, Doll. Really." he said shrugging slightly. I didn't pry further, knowing that parental issues isn't something that you just bring up and tell someone you just met... We walked to the Curtis's house after I helped him up. And again... he just walked right in.. but whatever.

"Hey Johnny!" Soda called with a mouthful of what looked like chocolate cake. I walk in behind him.

"I see you brought your brod again Johnnycake!" Darry said. Johnny blushed and rolled his eyes.

Ponyboy walked toward the door and on his way he whispered in my ear "Meet me outside.." so I followed him. What could go wrong? Everything, that's what.

We sat down on the porch swing and Pony put his arm on the back of the swing where I was sitting and turned toward me. His eyes where so green and full of life or maybe just happiness?

"Listen I know I haven't known you that long but.. I really like you." My heart fluttered and my face grew hot again.

"I like you too.." I said. "But Johnny..."

"Yea.. I know. I just wanted to tell you before Johnny told you he liked you.." I don't know if he was brave or... a bad friend.. We walked back into the house and Two-bit and Dally where sitting on the couch with Soda, Darry, and Johnny. Darry, Sodapop, and Dally started making kissing noises and whistling.

"Shut up!" Pony yelled and laughed. He slumped into a seat. Two-Bit looked at Ponyboy with this look that Zander would give to boys that were flirting with his exes. Johnny just looked confused and angry. It was very awkward for me just having to stand there and let this go on. My cheeks were on fire now. I don't even know why I blush so much.. its just weird. Male attention is not something I received a lot of back home. It's sad and demented, but that's how it was. Yorkie boys didn't really like me.. I guess that Tulsa ones might.