Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up in my bed. I figured one of the boys carried me in. I got ready and walked out to the living room. My mom was sitting on the couch drinking coffee and my sister was sitting on the floor playing with dolls and watching Mickey Mouse. Then there was a knock at the door. It was Johnny.

"Hi. Sorry I couldnt come yesterday... you wanna take a walk?"

I blushed and ask my mom and she was fine with it.

"So I heard that Pony was wearing wings."

I laughed "Yeah.. Two-Bit was wearing a tutu.."

We walked to the lot and sat down on the couch. He put his arm around me.

"So.. I want to tell you something. I know what Pony said to you awhile ago out on the porch." He said looking down.

"Really?"

"Yeah he told you he liked you..."

"Johnny.." I started but he stopped me.

"I told him the day before that I liked you and he... got there first.. I guess.."

I just sat there not knowing what to say. He looked into my eyes. Its weird that in the movies at times like this or what happened to me and Pony, a song plays in your head.. well with Johnny "Earth Angel" always plays... and with Pony all I hear are fireworks and "I Only Have Eyes For You".. and there it goes.. "Earth Angel". I heard it when he first held my hand.. I think that for everyone theres a song that plays.. like for Dally its something like "Jail Bird"...

"Well lets go." He said standing up holding out his hand. I took it. This time his song was blaring in my head.. not realizing I started humming.. Johnny looked at me, took my hand, and sung along.. I was surprised. But it sure was cute. We walked to the Curtis's house and Johnny opened the door for me. Two-Bit was in the kitchen with Pony. He looked up and winked at me. I smiled at him. When I did Pony looked up at me and gave me this weird look. I was probably grinning like an idiot.. I sat down on the couch and Johnny sat next to me. A Paul Newman movie was on the T.V. and I started feeling homesick.. but then snapped out of it when Two-Bit walked in and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey Doll." Dang did that surprise me.. my cheeks where burning yet again and he just sat down on the other couch like it was no big deal.. so I just brushed it off. It had been about three weeks or so since I moved to Tulsa and I was already getting more attention from boys than I had back in New York so sorry if i dont know how to handle this.. as if someone had switched on a light "Be my Baby" by the Ronettes played.. good lord.. what is wrong with me..

Comment if you guys like it please.