Chapter 9

I think Johnny kinda knew I was uncomfortable. "You wanna go to the lot?"

"Yeah" I said grinning. Pony looked at Johnny and gave him a little grin.

When we got to the lot Johnny and I layed down on the grass. It was like three p.m. now, so it was a little darker. I felt comfortable around Johnny like I had known him forever even though it was just a little week or two. I stretched out and put my head on his stomach. For about an hour we were like that. Talking about the clouds and what they were shaped like. He sat up and looked down at me.

"What?" I asked him. My head still in his lap.

"Nothin." He grinned. I sat up this time a playfully pushed his shoulder.

"What?" I said laughing.

"Are you ready?"

"For what?" I asked. Before I knew it he tackled me to the ground tickling me.

"You wanna push me again?" He said laughing.

"J-Johnny! S-stop it!" I said and almost started snorting.

I tried to push him off but he pinned me down. He stopped tickling me and looked into my eyes. Here it was it was going to happen. It had to. He got closer and closer and closer... Earth Angel, Earth Angel...

"Johnny!" Dally yelled playfully at him. "Awe! Was I interrupting Johnnycake's first kiss? Sorry!"

Johnny got off of me quickly and helped me up and then looked at me and rolled his eyes like he was irritated.

"What do you want Dal?" He said obviously annoyed.

"Nothin. Just to say hi. Geeze." Dally walked away. I looked back at Johnny and he blushed. We sat back down on the grass. The sun had started going down now. The sunset was almost the same as when I met Johnny. I laid on his stomach again and we watched the stars. I can't believe someone screwed up another kiss! Like for real! I still liked hanging out with Johnny.

"Johnny?"

"Beth."

"Whats been goin on? Almost every time I see you, you have a new cut or bruise.. " I moved and laid next to him. He turned his head to look at me and sighed.

"I get abused. Every time my parents drink they hit me." His expression was blank and that's what worried me the most. Had it been going on so long that it didn't even phase him anymore... "Makes me sound real tuff doesn't it." He grumbled and turned away.

"I'm so sorry Johnny." I wanted to cry. Why would someone do something like that to Johnny? He was so sweet.

"Its fine." I took his hand and turned to look back up at the stars. When I held Johnnys hand it made me think. Johnny liked to lace his fingers around mine and Pony just liked to hold your hand and there wasnt anything special but holding his hand just made you feel unstoppable and Johnny made you feel safe.

I was late. "I gotta go." I said.

"I'll walk you home. " He told me.

We started walking down the block to my house. He took my hand again. Right on que. "Earth Angel". I started humming again.

"Why do you always hum that song?" He asked.

"I donno. It just pops into my head when I'm with you."

"What about when you're with Pony?"

"I Only Have Eyes For You." Johnny smirked. When we walked up to the steps of my house, he let go of my hand and started walking back down the steps. Then turned around looking up at me.

"Beth?"

"Johnny."

"Has anybody ever kissed you before?"

"No. Why?" I asked burrowing my brows at him. Johnny walked back up my steps and swiftly crashed his lips into mine. He was so soft and warm. We broke apart after a couple seconds and he steps back.

"Well now you have." He said with a grin. "See ya later Beth." I was still standing there trying to process what just happened. Wow. Johnny. I opened my door and turned and tried to shut it quietly. A light flicked on behind me.

"So where have you been young lady?" I knew that voice anywhere. I spun around.

"Its about time Kara."