Chapter 16

I woke up and it was getting later. Johnny had fallen asleep and was holding my hand. I sat up as carefully as I could trying not to wake him. Kara and Soda where still sleeping on the couch across from Johnny and I. Twoie, Steve, and Darry were gone. The sun was now setting. I walked outside and found Pony sitting on the steps looking at the sky.

"Hey Pony." I said tiredly and sat down next to him.

"Hey."

"The sunset sure is pretty today."

"Yeah. Did you have fun at the party?"

"Yes. It was alot of fun. Did you see how happy Kara and Soda where?"

"Yeah. They're good for each other i think." We sat there for awhile and watched. Then Kara walked through.

"Hey guys!" She said cheerfully.

"Hey! Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for the party you guys. It was alot of fun."

"No problem!" I said hugging her.

"See ya later Pony!" We said starting to walk home. I was still really tired but I wasnt sure about my friend.

When we got home, we changed into our pajamas and sat on the couch. She clicked on the T. V. Mickey Mouse was playing. It was then that I realized there was a note to us on the living room table.

"Girls,

       Marley got bored so we are visiting your aunt for two nights. Dad will be home in a couple of hours. Dont do anything I wouldnt do. Be good.

~Mom."

At this point I was so tired I didnt really care. I laid down on one of the couches and Kara layed on the other. I feel asleep instantly.