Chapter 7: She's Beautiful

Subaru POV

As we arrived in class I sat in my seat that was seated by the window that had a cleared view of the main campus. As I stared out I replayed the events from earlier.

~

"Oi soft buns make sure to sit next to me in class," Ayato said in his usual bossy tone.

The female just responded saying "Bossy". Ayato got tensed and as usual I expected him to lash out at her for being rude to him, however, he responded saying "Please" in a small whisper which surprised me. He never said pleased. Especially to a human. I stood there shock as they continue conversating. "G-good" he mumble. Did he just stutter? Wait why is he not mad at her? I glanced at the female then back at Ayato. I thought he hated her, but if he did he would have punished her, especially what happened at breakfast or dinner.

"Subaru"

I glanced at the cloak girl. "Shall we go to class?," she asked as she pointed at her schedule she had in her hand. Still trying to process my thoughts I mutter, "Uhh... yeah." As we walked to our first class I glanced at the female. How did those two got onto good terms? I looked straight ahead. Its just as Reiji said, I need to keep an eye on her.

~

"As if! only a freak who's insecure about their looks would say that!"

I blinked only to notice how deep in thought I was in. I turned my attention from the window to the voice. It was a brunette who was standing halfway from her chair, she looked pissed and was staring at...Evelina?

"If anyone would be insecure about their looks and decided to wear a cloak to conceal it I would advise you to buy one instead of buying makeup since it makes your appearance more hideous than it already is. Oh and I'm just 'saying the truth' "Evelina spoke in her usual voice. The brunettes face went completely red and the whole class erupted in laughter. I chuckled. Well she does have a point. The brunette looks like a clown with all that makeup. When the teacher quieted the class he told Evelina to choose a seat. She walked towards me and sat in the empty seat in front of me. I glanced at the window and back at her. I didn't really expect her to talk back since Reiji said not to cause trouble, but I guess I should have thought otherwise since she did talk back to Ayato.

When class ended I was about to walk to my next class until something tug my sleeve. I looked down and saw Evelina tugging my sleeve. I raised a brow "What?" I ask.

She brought up her schedule and pointed at it. "I don't know wheres my next class is at"

I clicked my tongue. "Fine. Let me see that," I grabbed her schedule and looked at her second class. Her next class should be on the other side of the building. Not far from mine. I passed her paper back to her and pointed to the left side of the hallway. "Follow me, I'll take you there, it's not far from mine." As we walked, we came out on the open view of the hallway that is open to the courtyard.

"Subaru," she spoke.

I glanced at her and saw her pointing at the courtyard. I looked and saw that she was pointing at a kitten. Her figure went passed me as she ran to it. "Oi!" I yelled as I chase her. Damn this girl getting excited to see a cat. When she got closer to the kitten she kneeled and reached her hand towards the cat. As I got closer I saw the cat sniffing her hand and then licking it. She then started to stroke its fur softly and gently. The cat meowed as it started to purr against her touch. "Cute," she muttered in a soft voice. I looked at her. She spoke different from her usual voice. I look at the cat. It was a white cat that had black stripes on it's tail and ears. It had bright blue eyes, comparable to a gem. It was unlike any other cat I've seen. "I guess so," I mutter as I kneeled down next to her. No one else was in the courtyard as class started so there was only us two and a cat. As she continued to pet it she turned to look at me.

"Won't you pet it?," she ask.

I looked at her and then at the cat, "Fine," I reached my hand to the cat who sniff it and then started to purr against my hand lovingly. Evelina giggled. I looked at her surprised. I never heard her laugh before. It sounds....cute.

"It likes you," she said. Then at that moment. The moonlight slightly began to glisten more; it shone over Evelina. I caught my breath. She seemed to notice and turned around standing abruptly. "Let's get to class," she said as she walked toward the building. I withdrew my hand from the cat and stood up staring at her wide eyed.

Even if it was just a few seconds I was able to see part of her face. That moment when the moonlight shoned on her I was able to see her rosy pink lips curled up in a soft smile, her blue eye glistening with softness, her skin glowing lightly and her soft black hair caressing her face. She was beyond beautiful...

~

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: (So this chapter was a short. But hey at least we get to see Evelina and Subaru interacting and another small peek of Evelina's appearance. )