Chapter 9: Standing up for her

Evelina POV

I walked around the halls roaming around the school as it was lunch time. I didn't felt like eating so I just decided to skip lunch. After walking out of that empty classroom I was in with Laito and Kanato I ended up being late to class again. However, I manage to get in class on time in my third period. For sure, if Reiji heard about me being late for class twice in the first day, he'll give me a lecture. Just as I turned walking by the staircase I noticed a particular blonde sleeping on the top of it. I stopped and stared at him. He sure does love to sleep anywhere.

"What is it?" he asked keeping his eyes shut. He had his arms folded behind his head, using it as a pillow I suppose, and had one foot on propped of the other.

"Your brother's have bad timing," I said. He opened one eyed and looked at me. "Giving you trouble already. I thought you would have saw this coming," he closed his eye.

" I did. But either way I'm sure Reiji won't let it slide," I said as I pressed my back against the wall. He chuckled. "Seems like you know how he is."

"Well you people aren't hard to figure out," I said as I turned my head looking up at at him. He stayed quiet for a few seconds. "We're different from everyone. Don't compare us to humans," he said in a harsh tone.

I stared at him before speaking," I'm not. But I would like to ask the same from you and your brother's. Everyone has their own past that makes them who they are today," I leaned off the wall and let my back face him, "You know you and your brothers aren't the only ones that had it rough," I said as I began to walk away. As I began getting farther away from him I closed my eyes. Yes, it's true we all suffer from something unbearable when we were young. I reached at my right eyepatch. No matter how painful it was, we can never forget it.

-

Shu POV

"You know you and your brother's aren't the only ones that had it rough," she said as she walked away. I opened and my eyes and looked at her. Her cloak swayed at each step she took. When she was no longer in sight I continued staring at the wall she leaned on. So you're not that different from the rest of us. What kind of horrible experience did you went through that is similar to what we experience as children? The bell rang signalling that lunch ended. The chattering of voices were booming in the hallways as many students started going to their next classes. Time to get of here and go to the music room.

I stood up and teleported.

-

Evelina POV

As I stepped into the class I looked at the teachers desk to see if the teacher was there, but it was empty. Did I came to the wrong classroom or am I too early?

"Oi, soft buns!"

I turned to see in the fourth row that is closest to the window sat Ayato, who waved at me with a grin. I gave a small wave back and walked to him. When I stood by his desk he pointed at the desk next to him that was by the window. "Sit here. Ore-sama saved this spot for you," he said still grinning.

"Thanks," I mutter as I took a seat. He turned to the side to face me. "So where were you during lunch?" he asked as he leaned onto his palm, his elbow resting on the surface of the desk.

"I wasn't hungry so I skipped lunch." I answered as I stared at the clock that was on the wall.

"Oh," he replied. "Well... next time if you're hungry sit with me."

I stared at him. "Are you going to try to suck my blood?"

He looked taken aback. "What! No, no. I won't. I just want to make sure that..I know where you are because...you belong to Ore-sama!" He yelled as he slammed his palm on the desk.