Chapter 15: Lunch

Evelina POV

As soon as class ended I walked through the crowd of chattering students heading towards the cafeteria. Once I stepped into the cafeteria I looked around, I haven't came here before since I wasn't particularly hungry the other day. Looking around, I noticed how packed the place was with students getting in the lunch lines, eating at the tables, or roaming around the place.

"Soft buns did you just got here?"

"Yes I did," I responded as I looked up at the redhead standing behind me.

"Well then what are we waiting for?" he asked with a smirk. "Come on let's get lunch," he said as he pointed at the lunch line.

I nodded and followed Ayato, however, someone else joined us. I looked to my side to see Kanato.

"Hello Kanato, Teddy," I said as I gave them a light nod while grabbing a tray and plate.

Kanato looked astonished but returned the nod. "Hello Doll-chan."

"Oh? You can feel our presence even in this crowd?" asked an amusing voice.

I hummed in response. "It's not very difficult, a crowd like this is considered small to me," I answered as I place food on my tray and glanced to my other side to see Laito alongside me.

Laito gave me his flirty smile. "Feisty-chan really is something~"

"Don't get too close," said Subaru who appeared next to Laito with his arms crossed.

Laito nonchalantly turned to the albino and spoke, "I won't do anything funny. "

Subaru clicked his tongue as he filled his plate. "As if."

I glanced at Subaru and notice him doing the same, I quickly averted my eyes but took another small glance at him to see him looking away.

"Hmm? What you looking at?" Laito asked as he peered at Subaru.

"None of your business," Subaru said in a harsh tone.

As I had my plate full with food I stood alongside Ayato, "Where will we sit?" I ask while looking up at him.

As Subaru got his own plate Ayato responded. "How about outside?"

I nodded. As we all walked out from the exit, leading out to the night sky, we walked past other students who were chatting and eating among their peers; spotting an empty table near a lamp post, we walked towards it. As I reached the table and placed my tray down while also taking a seat I heard the brothers starting to bicker again.

"Hey why are you two sitting next to her?" asked the albino standing behind Laito who was sitting to my left, on my right was Ayato.

Laito hummed in question. "Why isn't it obvious? Feisty-chan made a promise to eat with us at lunch."

"But Reiji put us in charge to look after her," replied Kanato who appeared grumpy.

Ayato pointed a finger at Kanato. "To look after her at lunch, not keep her away from us or be around her all the time."

Kanato furrowed his brows, obviously annoyed. "But-"

"No can do Kanato. Besides you can join us, it's what Reiji said after all," Laito said with a small hint of sarcasm.

Kanato appeared more irritated, however, Subaru nudge his shoulder to motion him to sit opposite from us. Kanato clearly didn't liked it but scowl at Laito before taking a seat. We ate in silence, aside from Kanato glaring at Laito and Ayato, cleary displeased, lunch was peaceful, or so I thought.