Chapter 11: The Lie

Evelina POV

"I can't believe this," started Reiji. "On your first day you were late on two classes and you left your last class without permission." Reiji then clamped his book shut as he stared at me, his leg propped on the other. Everyone was in the limousine, waiting to get home, most of the brother's were looking at us two as most of the spotlight is on me. He gave a stern gaze, "Seems like I will have to discipline you when we get back."

"It's not her fault!" Ayato retorted, he then pointed a finger at Laito and Kanato who were sitting next to each other, "they trick her into taking her to her next class so that they can drink from her!"

"We just wanted to know how doll-chan taste like, right Teddy?" Kanato asked.

"Indeed," Laito continued. "Just a bit wouldnt hurt right?" he said with a smile as he looked at me, revealing his fangs. I felt Ayato tensed up so I grab his arm gently stopping him from lashing out. Reiji just looked at Laito and Kanato.

"Both of your actions were also deplorable, you both will be punish as well," he then look back at Ayato. "You are also in trouble for almost causing a ruckus during class. "

"But!-" he started, I gently tug his arm. He stopped and looked at me, then he looked back at Reiji with an irritated expression but just clicked his tongue and looked away. Reiji then looked at Subaru who was staring at us the whole time.

"You were in charge of looking after her, you were responsible of making sure she got to class on time. You will also be punished," he gave a stern glare at Subaru who only responded by clicking his tongue and looking out the window.

"Reiji, if it's alright with you I would like to be responsible for everyones actions," I said as I looked at Reiji. The brothers that would be receiving their punishments looked at me surprised. "As such," I continued. " I would like it if you subside their punishment."

Reiji raised a brow and fixed his glasses "Oh, and why's that?"

"Subaru was taking me to my class, but due to my ignorance I got distracted and went to the opposite direction. Laito and Kanato, they weren't at fault either. Laito was bothering me in class so I decided to quiet him down in a rude manner which ticked him off. Kanato only tagged along because I made fun of Teddy. Also Ayato defended me when he thought that Laito and Kanato attacked me for no reason, he had no idea that he was defending the wrong person." I finish as I still stared at Reiji.

Third POV

All the brothers who were going to be punished by Reiji stared at Evelina in surprise as she defended each of them by lying to Reiji. Subaru stared wide eye. Even though he knew he wasn't really at fault for Evelina appearing late to her class, he didn't sold her out since he enjoyed the short time they had together. He couldn't help but feel hopeless since she's willing to face everyone's punishment.

Laito was shocked. He knew very well what he did was his own doing, but for Evelina to lie to Reiji to ensure he wouldnt get punished made him feel unease. Why would she stuck up for him? He tried to drink her and even had Kanato help him. Just why? The flirtatious glint he had in his eyes had disappeared and were replaced by confused and sympathy ones. Just why?

Kanto squeezed his bear. He decided to helped Laito because he wanted a taste of Doll-chan. So why is she defending him? Even though he hadn't assaulted her why does he feel regretful?

Ayato just stared at her confused. He knew she was lying. She told him what happened. How Laito and Kanato tricked her just to drink her blood. So why? Why is she defending them? He wanted to tell Reiji otherwise, but she wanted to lie...why?