Chapter 14: Guard Duty

"No fair, me and Teddy wanted to sit next to doll-chan," murmured Kanato as he looked at me. I was sitting between Laito and Ayato, both whom seemed to calm down from the quarrel they had during breakfast.

Subaru clicked his tongue, "Those two rushed in here to make sure they got a seat next to her."

"Why of course," said Laito, he looked at me before continuing. "I wasn't able to sit next to her during breakfast so why not on our way to school? "

I looked at Kanato. "Kanato, if you like, would you want to sit next to me on our way back to the mansion?"

Kanato nodded. "Me and Teddy would like that."

I then turned to Subaru who was staring at me, waiting attentively. "Subaru would you like to as well?"

He merely crossed his arms and looked away. "Sure."

"Hey what about Ore-sama?" Ayato asked as he glanced at me.

"And me," Laito piped in.

I thought for a moment before speaking. "How about I join you both for lunch?"

Ayatos eyes lit up. "Yeah that works," he said as he smiled, revealing his fangs.

"Oh that sounds tasty," Laito said as he licked his lips.

"Oi!" Ayato shouted as he grab my shoulder and pulled me towards him. "You better not try anything funny!"

Latio blinked, clearly surprised of how protective Ayato was being. Then he smiled, "I won't try to hurt Feisty-chan."

Subaru grunted. "You tried to last time."

Actually he tried to twice. Once when I was asleep and other time would be at school. Although it'll be best if I kept this to myself or else another heated argument could rise.

"Moreover, the reason why I should keep you a good distance away from her," said Ayato as he pulled me closer to him.

"Now, now" Laito said with a smile, "don't hog Feisty-chan all to yourself. " He grab my hand and attempted to pull me away from Ayato.

"Hey!" Ayato shouted as he grab Laito's hand and tried to get his grip off me, while having one hand placed around my waist and pulling me more towards him.

"A-ano" I said a bit uncomfortable as I was practically being pulled from both ends.

"ENOUGH YOU TWO"

I turned and notice Subaru in front of me, prepared to grab me out of both Laito and Ayatos grip. He stood frozen and turned to look at Reiji who shouted earlier. Reiji looked mad, he stared at both the redheads, "Don't you see you're both making Miss Evelina uncomfortable?"

Both the redheads looked at me and I nodded. They let go immediately as if they just noticed they were pulling a person and not a toy.

"Sorry," both the redheads said at once as I sat down comfortably and rested my hands on my lap.

"It's okay," I replied, then I looked at Subaru who was back at his seat. "Subaru, thank you."

He glared at both Ayato and Laito before looking at me. "Are you hurt?"

"No I'm not," I answered.

Reiji sighed as he fix his glasses. "Subaru, Kanato, make sure to join them during lunch to make sure they don't do anything reckless."

Ayato opened his mouth to argue but Reiji shot him a look, " We don't want Miss Evelina to come back in multiple pieces or exhausted from your quarrel, do we?" Ayato immediately shut his mouth and looked at me before glaring at Laito. Laito just ignored him and looked down on the ground, not bothering to argue back.