Chapter 10: Both tried to what!?

Evelina POV

I continued walking through the hallways to get to my last class. My previous class was science, it was interesting especially since everyone in the class would be starting an assignment of how to create solutions; something that Reiji would enjoy doing. I stopped at the doorway and looked at the room number. Room 121. The class with the triplets. I wonder if Laito and Kanato are still surprised by what I did earlier when they tried to attack me. They're very stubborn. Especially Ayato, but lately he hasn't been trying to attack me. I walked in the class and notice that all the triplets were already seated all the way in the back. Ayato seated to the left, next to Kanato, and on the right of Kanato sat Laito. Ayato extended his arm waved at me with a wide grin plastered on his face, revealing his fangs. He's been smiling a lot lately, I thought as I walked to them.

"Soft buns, sit right here in the front seat," Ayato said as he took hold of the chair in front of him.

"Hmm? Feisty-chan, sit here next to me," Laito said as he patted to the empty desk next to him.

"Huh!?" Ayato shouted, "why should she!?"

Latio just smiled back. "Why wouldn't she?"

Ayato stood up from his desk. "You'll just try something dirty!" he retorted. Laito just continued to smile, "Well I tried to earlier, but Feisty-chan wouldn't let me," he looked at me with a small green glint appearing in his eyes.

"What!?" Ayato yelled in surprised.

"Both of you be quiet. You're upsetting Teddy," Kanato said as he glared at his brothers. Ayato was about to say something but then the bell rang. I took the seat in front of Ayato and listened during class. Of course I had to present myself to the whole class but the same questions were asked again just like the other classes. People asking me about wearing a cloak and receiving many stares afterwards, especially from a student who kept tilting his head down to see my face. As I continued taking notes a folded paper was tossed in front of me. I grab it and unfolded it.

What did Laito mean?

It was from Ayato. He must be curious as to what his brother tried to do to me earlier. I grab my pencil and wrote:

He tried to suck my blood with Kanato backing him up.

I tossed the paper back at him when the teacher's back was still faced to me. Then I continued writing my notes.

"What!?" Ayato yelled. I turned around to look at him along with other students. His mouth was hanging open and he looked at his brothers to his left. His confused expression then turned to an angry one. "You both tried to what!?" he yelled as he stood up.

"Ayato! Please be quiet and sit down!" the teacher yelled as he folded his arms. Ayato looked a bit a irked but remained his focus on his brothers. Laito was still giving his usual smirk and Kanato just stared at him.

"It was your idea wasn't it!" he yelled as he grabbed Laitos collar and pulled him up close to his face. Laito still wore his smirk as Ayato stared into his eyes with anger.

The whole class got tense and several people gasp. "A-ayato! Let go of L-laito!" the teacher yelled, stuttering between words as the aura around Ayato was spreading like crazy.

I stood up from my chair and placed my palm onto the arm of Ayatos hand that was clenching Laito's collar.

"Ayato," I spoke in a calm voice. Ayato blinked and looked at me, his anger slowly dissolving. "please let go of him," I continued.

Ayato looked back at Laito, he furrowed his brows and clenched his teeth but he slowly uncurled his fingers and let go of Laito. As I was about to let my hand rest by my side, Ayato quickly grab hold of my hand. He then walked toward the door, dragging me with him. The teacher didn't say anything as he was still shocked from the fight that may have occurred in his classroom. As we exit the class, Ayato continued dragging me, his grip on my wrist not loosing one bit. Then we stop when we entered the courtyard. He still was holding my wrist, his back was faced in front of me so I couldn't see his face.

"When?" he asked. I didn't respond. "When did he and Kanato tried to suck your blood?" he repeated the question.

"After second period. Laito and Kanato decided to take me to my third class since I didn't know where it was, but instead they decided to take me to an empty class and try to drink from me." I answered.

Ayato turned around and looked at me " Were you hurt?" he asked. His expression looked...worried.

"No," I answered. Why does he seem worried?

"That's good," he said still not looking away from me and his expression relaxing a bit.

"But you know, you should be more careful around them," he said as he folded his arms.

I raised an eyebrow. "Since when have you been...more mature?" I asked.

His cheeks went to a light color of pink. "W-what do y-you mean I'm always mature!" he yelled. I couldn't help but smile, then giggling at his behavior. His cheek went to a brighter color of pink and he even looked a bit stunned.

"Sorry," I said with a small smile. "Your behavior was just a bit childish."

~

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: (So this chapter was a bit short, but the next one will be longer and probably will be separted to two parts. Hope you guys enjoyed that small moment between Ayato and Evelina)