Early but Late

"( Y/N )"

"Huh? Who's there?" you turned around and sawcno one. You can't see anything at all. Everything was black and white.

"Where am I?" you thought as you started to shake in fear.

You heard the voice once again but couldn't discern who and what it was saying.

You tried to focus and listen, your head a bit dizzy.

"Wake Up" you heard someone whispered in your ear.

"Kurama!"

"Kurama is that you?"

"Yes." he answered.

A silhouette figure started to appear beside you slowly. You blinked and saw Kurama.

"It's really you Kurama.. I thought..." you cried not able to finish your sentence.

"Sshhhh It's ok (Y/N) I'm here now." he said in a low voice almost like a whisper.

"Don't leave me! I'm scared! Someone came and told me your hurt.. and... Aah" the back of your head throb with pain.

"What's wrong?" he asked, stroking your back.

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm ok. But what happened?" you asked him, still confused.

"Don't worry about it. I'll never leave you again" he replied as he held your hand and assist you to stand up.

"Let's go." he said smiling.

"Where are we going?"

"I believe we have a date?" he smiled more sweetly.

"Oh! Yes I remember. I'm sorry I almost forgot."

"It's alright. Now shall we?"

You nodded and he pulled you closer.

You started walking side by side on a narrow path, passing endless fields of white and red flowers. The vast horizon and the clear blue sky made you feel like you are in a different dimension.  It was very silent, you can almost hear the beating of your own heart.

"What is this place?" you asked.

Kurama stopped walking and looked at you in the eye "paradise" he responded.

Kurama's POV a night before Feb 14

I was laying down on my bed thinking to myself.

I can't believe it. I was finally able to properly  ask (Y/N) on a date. I've been planning about it for months.

I remembered the first time I met her was during the inter school competition. There was something different about her that I couldn't fathom. Was it the way she moves? The way she talks? Or the way her eyes move when I steal a glance. I can never tell..

My heart fluttered the moment she said yes. I admit I started to feel this way the day I saw her training with Genkai and Yusuke.
August 8 last year.. Around 4:35 pm. She was so determined and focus. It was a side of her I never expected. I've never seen a woman like her. Though she was always near me, she feels so distant. Always busy, always in a hurry.. always looking away.

I gathered all my courage just to meet up with her at Genkai's temple only to fail miserably on inviting her. I didn't even get her number. I could have asked someone else about it but what will she think of me? I've forgotten everything I rehearsed to say the time I caught her in my arms. I thought my heart leaped being that close to her.