entry no. 41

- jimin's pov -

we were all in tears as jungkook fell asleep.

but that's the thing...

he was just asleep.

there was no long beep like in the movies that tells you the person was dead. jungkook was alive and he was just sleeping.

i quickly ran out of the room and looked for a doctor.

maybe they could save him.

maybe they could do one last surgery or something.

i can't let him go like this.

"ma'am do you know where jeon jungkook's doctor is?" i asked a lady that was sitting at a desk.

"i can give him a call if you'd like?" she asked and i nodded quickly. "yes please, i need to speak with him." i said and she nodded, picking up the phone.

i waited impatiently as she spoke with the doctor on the line and then she put the phone down.

"he'll be right here to talk with you." she said and i thanked her before sitting in one of the chairs near by.

as soon as the doctor showed up i stood up and walked over to him.

"sir jungkook is sleeping right now and we already said our goodbyes but i-i was wondering if there's anything else you could do? like maybe one last surgery or something, i don't know doc... it just doesn't feel right, there has to be something."

"jungkook said he wanted to pass away in his sleep... im afraid he doesn't want us to perform anymore surgeries." the doctor said and i raised an eyebrow.

"what? if there's something you can do to save him why the fuck aren't you doing it?" i asked, anger building up inside of me.

jungkook is so young and he still has so much to live for so if there's any chance that he could live then he—

"sir we'll get right on it." the doctor said and i nodded. "good." i said and started running back to jungkook's room.

everyone was staring at me with confused looks and i gave them the best smile i could.

"there's a chance my baby will live and im taking it." i said and pressed a kiss to jungkook's forehead.

"w-what?" hoseok asked and i bit my lip. "i talked to the doctor and he said that they'll do one last surgery. im just not ready to say goodbye to him yet, we all aren't. and i don't think he's ready to leave us either."

i looked down at jungkook's sleeping face and ran my hand through his hair soothingly.

then there was a knock on the door and taehyung yelled a weak come in.

the doctors came in and we all moved out of the way so they could do what they had to do.

they rolled him out of the room, only one doctor staying behind to talk to us.

"his surgery can take hours so please be patient. we will try our best but we cannot guarantee that this will save his life. it'll just extend his time." the doctor explained and we all nodded, trying to take in what was happening.

"thank you so much, can we wait in here?" i asked and the doctor nodded. "of course. i'll be going now."

"okay thanks again." i said and then he left.

i turned towards the guys and they all suddenly hugged me.

even yoongi.

"thank you jimin, i never would've thought to say anything." taehyung said and i nodded. "we shouldn't get our hopes up though..." i said and yoongi snorted.