Second Thoughts

Hinata has been acting weird lately. Whenever I come up to her and say hi, she just waves silently and walks away. It's like she's avoiding me. She doesn't come up to me anymore. I always try asking her if we can go on a date, but she always makes up an excuse and says she can't go. "I'm sorry Naruto-kun, but I promised Kiba I'd walk Akamaru that day. I'm sorry, but I have to make lunch for Hanabi and my father that day. They have an important trip to go to for the clan. I have to make sweaters for Shino's bugs. Their old sweaters are ripping and its winter, so the poor things would be cold. I have to clean up the house. I have a mission on that day." Her words echoed in my brain, it made me a little sad. Damn it! Not even a little sad—I was really sad, y'know!

I thought about it a lot, maybe I was just being too attached to her. But this many excuses, in just over a week? They did seem pretty reasonable, but Hinata didn't always seem this busy. Plus, Hinata wouldn't turn down a date for anything! I guess except a mission—but still! I started to have second thoughts, what if she didn't love me anymore? No! Of course not! Hinata wouldn't do that, she loves me! But what's up with these weird excuses? That's when the news came to me.

I was talking to Kakashi-sensei about the "resent mission" of hers. We were at Ichiraku Ramen.

"So that mission you assigned Hinata the other day, where'd she go? The Hidden Cloud or maybe The Hidden Mist? What'd she have to do?" I asked Kakashi-sensei as we ate.

"Huh? Hinata? I never assigned her a mission this week."

The noodles I was slurping fell back into my bowl, "What?"

"I said, Hinata didn't go on a mission this whole week."

"What?!" I stood up and slammed my chopsticks to the table.

"What's the matter with her not going on a mission?" He asked without looking up.

"Everything! That's what's wrong! Why would she lie to me? Why?"

"Calm down Naruto, sit down."

I sat back down, gritting my teeth. Hinata would never lie to me . . .

"So what's the matter with Hinata, Naruto? You're usually happy when she doesn't have a mission."

"No . . . Kakashi-sensei, it's different this time . . ." I mumbled putting my head down.

I explained to Kakashi-sensei about how Hinata has been acting towards me for the past week. And after I did, that's when I knew, something was up with her. I didn't want to believe it either, but Hinata was definitely hiding something from me.

Kakashi-sensei said I should just talk to her. He was right about that. If she kept on avoiding me who knows how long it would be for me see her again. But at the same time, I was a little scared to come talk to her. I didn't know why I was scared to talk to my girlfriend, maybe it was the fear of her not loving me anymore, but I didn't want that possibility to cross my mind.

So I, Uzumaki Naruto, decided to talk to Hinata about this, and do it seriously. I'm not gonna let her get away from me this time. We're a couple, so we have to took out for each other and help each other if we're falling down. That's right, I'm doing this because I love her!

I was walking up to the Hyuuga compound, basically, to Hinata's house. She was probably home since it was already evening. Yeah, maybe I should have thought about talking to her the next day, but I had the urge to see her. After the talk I had with Kakashi-sensei, it made me rush over to her house. It was one of those chilly evenings, but the sky was dark and pretty. Just like Hinata's hair . . . ugh! Damn it! That sounded weird. Do I miss her that much?