Wife's Moods

I heard the sound of a vacuum, it seemed to be coming from the kitchen. Shvooooooooooooooooo. Is Hinata cleaning right now?

I was currently reading some scrolls and books on the sofa. Kakashi-sensei told me to study a few things, since he wanted to request me to be the Hokage. I postponed the offer though, and wanted to wait a little later. Yeah, it was my dream since I was a kid, and was probably the only thing I cared about back then, but my wife is now pregnant and I have to take care of her.

I'm always worried about Hinata being home alone. I'm scared something bad might happen to her if I go out. Kakashi-sensei understands my situation, and usually gives me one day missions—that is usually. He tells me, "just because Hinata is pregnant doesn't mean you're off the hook from missions, and don't worry to much about her, she'll be fine." Of course I know she can manage on her own, I know she's strong, more then anyone. But still, I gotta look out for my beloved wife, y'know.

I started to get to my feet. Lemme see what's she's up to. I stretched before I started heading to the kitchen. The sound of the vaccum was getting louder now. I went up behind her.

"Hinata, is everything okay?"

She jumped and turned over at me. "I'm sorry, I'm making a lot of noise, aren't I?"

"Nah, its okay. Here, let me do it." I took the vacuum out of her hands.

"Naruto-kun, I can do it myself." She tugged it back to her. 

"It's okay Hinata, you can rest now."

She reached for the vacuum and tugged harder. "No. Let. Me. Do. It."

She looked a little irritated. Why was she mad all of a sudden? I just wanted to help her.

"Fine." I said in defeat, raising my hands to the air.

I left the kitchen and went for the door. I didn't feel like being at home anymore. Maybe her being irritated rubbed on me. I looked back one more time at the kitchen. I could still hear the noise from the vacuum. It looked like she didn't hear me going out or maybe she was too irritated to see me off. I put my shoes on and slammed the door shut. Fine! Be like that!

When I was walking out I finally realized how silly it was to get out of the house because of that. I didn't know how I would face Hinata once I got home. She probably heard me slam the door too. Ugh!

I started walking around the village. People waved and greeted me as I went by and I smiled and waved back. I kept on walking until I saw a familiar face I knew.

I waved and yelled, "Iruka-sensei! Over here!"

He looked up to my voice, "Oh, if it isn't Naruto. What're you doing out here alone? Where's Hinata?"

I walked up to him, putting my hand behind my head, "Oh . . . about that . . ."

"What happened?"

"I . . . kind of . . . got in a fight with her."

He yanked on my hood and started dragging me away. "You are going to apologize to her right now! Did you just run away from home? You're not a kid anymore, Naruto!"

"No, wait, Iruka-sensei." 

I felt embarrassed to tell him what happened. So I just said Hinata wasn't in a good mood. And it was true, she wasn't all that happy. After that we also talked about a few other things. Iruka-sensei was talking about the students he had this year, and that there was a student in particular who acted a lot like me back when I was in the academy.

We kept on walking around and eventually ended up in a bookstore. Honestly, books were never my thing, but Iruka-sensei wanted to check it out. I knew some books though, but most of them were books that Hinata read. She always talks to me about books she currently reads. Right now she's reading a thriller novel, its about a guy who gets involved in a missing person investigation after a train ride to a place called Boston. Whenever Hinata starts talking about her books, I can't help but get interested. She's an amazing storyteller, y'know!