prologue

Nathen pov.

I stared at my door from my bed waiting for him to come. I've been doing this routine for as long as I remember. This has happened ever since I was at least 3 years old. I think I was about 7 or 8 now. I heard my step dad walk in drunk. I sat there waiting for him to hit me. "Finally accepted that no one loves you huh?" I sat there silently as he came forward and smashed his bottle on my head. Everything went black for awhile after that. I woke up to see my room in darkness with my window letting in moon light and crying. I look around for the source of crying and see my mother. A loud crack rang out and the room was lit up from a lighting strike outside. I saw my step mom had her arm in a sling and her left eye bruised.

"M-m-mom?" I asked concerned and crawl over to her. I went to hug her but she pushed me away.

"No you have to run. I was barely able to sneak away from that monster." She said giving me a small push. "I'm not going to let you get hurt anymore." I nodded and sighed. I didn't say anything and ran out of the door without looking. My footsteps echoed silently through the Hall as I got to the front door and threw it opened only to feel a blow to my back. I landed in mud and rolled on my back to see my step father there with a knife. He said nothing as I scrambled onto my hands and ran fast into the surrounding forest. I don't know how far I got before I tripped over something metallic. I looked up and saw a giant metal structure with its middle open halfway in the ground.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" I heard my step father yell

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" I heard my step father yell. Without thinking I jumped into the metal thing and shut it completely. I stayed silent as lighting cracked outside. My breathing was fast and heavy when I saw a button glowing red. I tilted my head in confusion and pressed it. Next thing I knew a bunch of green lights shined in my face blinding me. I put my hand up and try and block it only for it to stop right after. I saw a helmet and went to grab it.

"Neurol link established welcome pilo-" I started to panick as the voice come from nowhere.

"SSSSHHH NO BE QUIET!" I say fast and silently as I heard a tapping of rain on the metal outside. Next thing I knew the hatch above was thrown open and a hand pulled me out throwing me outside.

"There you are you little shit. You're going to finally get what you deserve you damn orphan. I don't have to deal with that stepmother of yours anymore now it's time to get rid of you." I saw through the darkness him raising a knife but a rumbling stopped him.

"Protocol 3. Protect the pilot." I heard from the metal robot and next thing I knew my step father was gone and in his place was the robots hand. I shake and look up at the robot to see it staring at me. "Are you okay pilot? " It asked me.

"P-p-pilot?" I asked confused as I stood up.

"You are my pilot after the link finished. Your name is Nathen James Ryan. You are 8 years old. You have black hair that is short. You are dangerously underweight and are in possible need of medical attention. I have sent a beacon to the milita for help. Calculating. Estimated time is 2 days." It said when I started to hear voices within the robot.

"Who is this?" I heard a female ask as the robot put me inside of it.

"This is Titan EI-3582 contacting the current leader of the milita. My pilot is in need of possible medical attention. Please send extracting to my current coordinates." EI said as I shivered.

"EI my records state that your pilot was KIA 9 years ago on that planet. How are you active?" The female asked.

"I went into hibernation awaiting a new possible and capable pilot to active me. I have found one. He will need medical attention." EI said as I sat there gulping scared.

"Put your new pilot on." The woman says. I look at the helmet and put it on. "This is Commander Sarah Briggs. Who is this?"

"Uh I I I'm Nathen......" I say with fear. After I said that silence followed.

"How old are you?" I heard a soft voice ask with a sigh.

"9 I think......" I say and the voice sighs more. A few words we're said and a command that was to low was ordered.

"Where are your parents?" Sarah asked.

"Dead. So is my stepmother and stepfather." I say as I feel my eyes start to close. "I think I'm going to sleep now miss briggs."

"Okay kid just stay safe. EI watch over him while we get you out of there and a new pilot." Sarah said.

"Denied. I wish to retain this link with this pilot. My link is locked and the risk for whiping his link with mine is to dangerous for his mind."

"Damn it. Fine but you will be put on lock down until he is fully trained." I then fall asleep.