chapter 3

Pyrrha pov.

I sat silently next to jaune thinking about the Ryan case. In the report when I first saw it when moving from mistral I reaf how the fathers body was squashed to bits into the ground by a so called giant. It made me shudder thinking about it. I wasn't able to think about the mother. The thing that I kept coming back to was the child and what he would do when he came back. I also remembered while reading the report that they had to leave the mothers body for fear of superstition. I shook my head and felt a shivering on my arm. I looked over to see Jaune fearfully after hearing about the mission from Glynda. I sighed staring at Jaune wishing he was slightly braver but they can't all be perfect. I looked at Ren and Nora seeing how they cuddled with one another. I sighed sadly as I saw Ruby give Jaune a smile who gulped in fear. "How much longer?" I heard Weiss ask.

"Just a few minutes before we land. Then we walk to the house." Glynda said.

"Why are we walking when we could land out front?" Yang asked tilting her head.

"Because someone's already there." I heard Blake say as we looked out to see a strange ship. "Is that Atlas?"

"No that doesn't have the white metal and it's to advance to be Atlas I mean look at bots." Weiss says and sure enough there were bots unloading a bunch of boxes on the ground. Around the ship. Next to it was a gigantic robot patrolling the house with a minigun.

"Where's the person controlling them?" Ruby asked looking out. We then landed and started off hurriedly to check out when we got there I saw a different robot this time. It might actually not be a robot but I'm not sure.

The bot/man was carrying a human shaped sheet

The bot/man was carrying a human shaped sheet. I could hear tears coming from the bot/man. "EI please make the grave." I heard a shaky male voice say as the gigantic bot went over to him and used 2 fingers to make a 6 foot hole. The bot/man placed the sheet in gingerly before the gigantic bot pushed the dirt over. The bot/man then went over to some boxes and broke them apart and tied them together like a cross. He then walked over and planted it in the ground before getting on his knees and pulled off his helmet to show medium blackish brown hair and white skin. By these features alone he couldn't be more than 18. That's all I could see because the man was on his knees praying.

"What's he doing?" Ruby asked and next thing I knew a knife was thrown into the tree next to ruby. The man had pulled out a gun and yelled some stuff.

"Come out right now or so help me God." He yelled pissed off. I looked at Glynda who nodded and we walked out. "Who are you?"

"We are teams RWBY, JNPR, and professor glynda." Our teacher said. "Who are you?" The man called down and lowered his gun.

"Militia pilot Nathen Ryan. This is EI-3582. My titan. That's all you need to know." Nathen said.

"Nathen Ryan? The step son of Andrew and Jessica Ryan?" I asked confused.

"Yes....." He said as I saw him grip his weapon a bit tighter.

"The kid that's been missing for 9 years after his parents we're murdered?" He growled at that.

"The only one that was murdered was my stepmother. My stepfather Andrew was an abusive asshole who took joy in hurting us. He got what he deserved." The man growled. "Now give me a few minutes so I can finish my pray." Then he went back to kneeling and mouthed a few words.

Time skip.

Nathen pov.

"Now before you so rudely interrupted my mother's funeral what did you-"

"How did you get advanced plans for an Atlasian knight theft?" A white haired girl asked as I got irritated.

"First of all fuck you second of all he's a Titan not a knight third of all I found him here in this spot 9 years ago when he saved my life." I explain.

"Impossible. How can anyone get technology like that?"

"It's called being in the milita fleet for 9 years honey." I growl.

"Pilot hostiles detected." EI said and I jumped into him and fired the Minigun in the direction of which EI was direction too. "Hostiles eliminated."