chapter 1

Nathen pov.

It's been 11 years since I left my old home world and was taken to Harmony by the militia. Right now I was on my way to visit Sarah since she promised to train me. I found her at a briefing so I stayed in the back and let her finish. "We are close to pushing IMC out of the system. Now cooper will be leading the ground assault with his Titan. (I don't know anything about any games after titanfall2 so I'm making it up) I will be up her directing troops to where they are needed most. After that we will move to the next system." She looks around the room and stops on me and smiles slightly. I give a small wave. "I will be sending pilot Nathen over to a possible IMC occupied system so we have an idea where to go. Any questions?" Sarah asks and in a few seconds a female raises her hand. "Yes corporal?"

"Is pilot Nathen single?" The woman asked unaware I was there. Sarah nods at me and I nod back cloaking myself and running over and sit in a chair next to the girl trying not to laugh.

"I'm not sure are you?" Sarah asked with a straight face as I uncloak.

"Maybe." I say loudly uncloaking causing the girl to fall out. I chuckle and help her up. "Now any other questions?" No one raised there hands.

"Good everyone dismissed." Sarah said. After everyone left i went up to the commander and waited. "You're late." She said unamused.

"Meh. I know what I'm doing besides I'll finally be able to get EI off his rack and in the field." I shrug and smirk.

"Yes you will." She sighed and I hugged her lifting her up and spun around. I laughed and so did she. "Put me down Ryan!" I smiled as I followed orders. "You're lucky I see you as a little brother." Sarah remarked as I stood there. "Why are you still here pilot. Go get your rig on and get to your Titan." I kissed her cheek and ran out to get to my oldest friend EI. He's my oldest friend because I've had to access him ever month growing up here so my mind is adapted to his systems and EI can note the changes within my brain as it matures. I got to the locker room and put on my rigs helmet to get this look.

I got to the Titan chamber next and saw technician robots hooking up EI

I got to the Titan chamber next and saw technician robots hooking up EI. I was so excited that I double jumped into the pilot seat. Next thing I knew I was shut in darkness. Then the visor started to working showing the Titan chamber. "EI-3582 Systems check." I say as I flip a few switches.

"All systems in peak conditions pilot Ryan. Preparing for Titan fall simulation." EI said as I buckled up. "Are you feeling good Ryan?  Your vitals and stimulate nervous systems just peaked."

"I'm fine EI just happy this is finally happening." I say as EI dropped out of the chamber. I stayed surprisingly calm as EI rocketed towards the planet and landed with a thud.

"Alright good landing EI." I heard Sarah say coming over the comms. "Ryan please note that your Titan is legion class and works best with its original loadout but can integrate new loadouts."

"Yes commander. Now please start the testing." I ask kindly.

Time skip.

EI and I stood on the end of the testing arena and saw how damaged it was. A lot of things we're broken to say the least. "That was great EI and Ryan. Now Ryan come to my room so I can give you the rest of your mission." I nodded and say EI getting lifted into the Titan chamber and the area was being swept and clean up by more technician bots. I got out to see Cooper next to a monarch Titan and was teaching a group of soldiers a battle plan. I waved and he waved back. I got to Sarah's room and saw here working on a mission detail as promised. I coughed into my hand and she looked up. "Ah Ryan glad you got here. I'm almost done go ahead and take a seat on my bed while I finish this." I nodded and sit down. When I put my hands out my left one brushed against a photo. I looked over and saw a picture of me....... Blushing I put it back as I heard Sarah finishing up. "Now I need you to understand that this mission you requested is a bit unorthodox. Especially since I know your real reasoning for going back there."

"Yeah yeah. But I need to know what it's like. Besides me being there also helps for keeping the IMC at bay." I say as my blush leaves. "Besides I need to bury her."

"The only reason I'm doing this is because I care about you. If it were anyone else I'd say no." Sarah said as she gave me a folder. I took it and kissed her cheek. "Be careful. I don't want to write a death report for you."

"Thanks and next time you take my picture at least get my consent." I say showing her the picture I found to which she blushed. It was of my back turned in the shower room. I then ran out to get EI from the Titan chamber. I saw him being hooked up to a loader and carried to the hanger. I start thinking about my mission. "God what is remnant going to be like?"