Chapter 16 - Part 2 -Feast

Dinner is placed around the room, we all feast in celebration. Not only does the kingdom have a queen, but an heir to be. Performers dance around twirling and juggling about the whole room. The harp player from the temple in the mountains of Scorchbury's music echoes in the hall, mixing with the loud bustle of chatter amongst the crowd. Lords and ladies socialize with lively spirits, each lord taking their turn to approach our table, to give their respect, and loyalty towards their new Queen.

I have never felt more at peace than now. With Thaddeus leaning in his chair against the arm closest to me we whisper endlessly. Soft candlelight brightens his face, defining his stubble and expressing desire in his eyes. One we both knew I could not satisfy with my current condition.

Taking a bite from the meat drum he holds, Thaddeus leans into my ear, and whispers again, "This here is Lord Albian, and Lady Stella." I nod lightly in understanding.

Both rich looking they bow, and curtsey to us lowly, "Your Majesties, it is an honour to be invited."

In unison, they rise, and Lord Albian, stares at me, "You, my Queen, are an angel of beauty."

Thaddeus squeezes my hand in agreement as I blush, and distract myself by concentrating on rubbing my belly. The soft burn irritating my appetite and rubbing was a content action.

Lifting my gaze, I smile kindly, "Thank you, Lord Albian. How are your lands fairing?"

His face glows in excitement, "Fruitful, my Queen. Thank you for your thoughts." Bowing lowly they excuse themselves respectfully away.

After several introductions with strangers, I learned how best to flow the conversation. Every nobleman desired to discuss his property and brag about it. Every lady either gave advice regarding my child or wished to share in their own bundles of pride. Very few ladies brought their child, but those who did were old enough to behave more appropriately then I could ever hope to behave myself.

Thaddeus leans into my ear, "You're too kind to them, he does have a point though."

I glance at him with a sly smile, "Would you prefer me to snub him?" Thaddeus has grown jealous of my attention being taken from him most of the night with the greeting of guests even though I sat by his side an inch at best for distance.

A light chuckle sends him leaning back in his chair with his hand on his chin in curiosity, "I couldn't imagine you ever doing it."

Blushing at his observing eyes, he seems to see through me, to the peasant in fancy clothing, I really am. How we could read each other, amazes me. In such a short time we grew to know one another on such a deeper level than others. All thanks to this blessing inside my belly that currently irritates my stomach.

Crowds part and I watch as a regal man in a crown approaches. I shiver and straighten up slightly. "Ah, King Erwin welcome to Alexandria," Thaddeus cheers in mock surprise, "I am pleased you could attend."

With a slight nod, the other king replies, "The pleasure is all mine, King Thaddeus." He eyes my stomach, and I clutch it protectively, "I see you have been busy since I have last heard from you." This man intimidated me, his eyes threatening my child from within me.

"Pleasantly, a surprise," Thaddeus agrees passionately before placing his hand on my belly in ownership.

With a sly smirk, King Erwin slips in a dark comment, attempting to threaten our newlywed relationship, "That explains Lady Katherine."

I gasp, "Pardon?"

Thaddeus turns to me brushing my hair lightly and whispers, "Forgive me, flower, this here is King Erwin of Caprese. He graciously aided you in your demands regarding Katherine."