Finding Echo

"Got everything now?" I ask.

"Yep." Munch replies.

"Okay, Ari you can use Lacey's bike since there aren't any others." Tuck says pointing at his sister bike as I nod and we all get on our bikes and start peddling. After an hour of riding we reach where the map leads. We all get off our bikes and start wandering.

"I never understood why people liked the outdoors." Munch say as I laugh. (sorry, I had to have that line in here!)

"Hey, what's that?" I ask pointing to an object ahead of us.

"Lets go see." Alex says as we walk over to the object.

"What is that?" I ask picking it up.

"That's what the map lead to? it's just a piece of junk." Tuck says as I place the object back on the ground.

"Lets go." I say starting to walk off with everyone else. I turn around and see Munch putting whatever that thing is in his backpack. we all stop and look at him.

"You're looking at me like I'm a hoarder, that's not very nice" Munch says. I roll my eyes and keep walking. After we all get on our bikes and start riding for about five minute Munch pulls his bike over and throws his backpack on the ground backing away.

"What on mars are you doing?" I ask.(see what I did there????)

"Whatever that thing is just beeped!" Munch panics still backing away.

"Let me see." Alex says picking up the backpack and almost immediately dropped backing away too.

"You too are such babies." I say walking over to the backpack and taking the metal object out of it. when I pick it up it makes a sound likes it going to explode or something.

"It's a bomb!" Alex yells knocking it out of my hand and pulling away from it while Munch ran the other way and Tuck was next to us.

"Do you think it's gonna explode?" Munch yells to us.

"I'm not sure." I yell back. Alex starts throwing rocks at whatever it was and I slap his arm.

"What are you doing?!" I ask.

"I'm seeing if it's gonna explode!" Alex exclaims.

"Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots." I say quietly so only I can hear while hitting my palm against my forehead.
Alex continues to throws rocks but after a moment nothing happens and we all walk up to the object. Except for Munch, who stays where he was at a safe distance. I pick it up and look at it.

"Let me hold it." Alex says taking the thing out of my hands.

"Beep." Alex says as the thing makes a beeping noise in response. We all look at each other with huge smiles on our faces.

"Do it again!" I smile.

"Beep." Alex says and the creature responds with another beeping sound.

"Guys, I think we found the back up." I grin looking at everyone.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
And there's chapter three! thank you to everyone who has voted and commented! the book now has one hundred reads! that's amazing! thank you all so much! Okay the dedication goes to @AbbeyWright3 for writing a really nice comment and voting! and @Isabe9091 for voting and commenting! thanks! if you want a dedication just let me know in the comments! thanks again!
Stay weird! -Anna😜