Chapter 1

Grey clouds covered the night sky, making the night look terrifying, graves covering almost all of the ground. There in the distant I see a man, a very gruesome looking one, his hair was messy, clothes tattered and suddenly I was covered in chains, tying me to an invisible wall. The man came nearer and nearer, 'till I was finally able to see him! He approached me with a baseball bat and started hitting me with it.

"Why? Why are you haunting me even after your damn death?" I managed to splutter out before my voice left me.

"Why? Because you're an ungrateful daughter!" He roared out before hitting me again.

"Don't! You! Fucking! Dare! Call me you're d-daughter!" I shouted before collapsing on my knees as the chains broke, and left me in darkness. But even if it seemed as if it ended, even if my wounds healed, even though the scars seemed like they were gone, they didn't, not even close. I say this because I know this is a dream and I definitely know that he's dead and I'm sure that he's rotting in hell!

And just with that my alarm rang and I woke up, but I didn't want to leave the bed, somehow I did turn off my alarm but just laid there staring at the ceiling. Wondering if that dream would ever come true or what it could've possibly meant.

"Wake up Grace! It's already 7:30! You need to get ready for you're first day of school!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

7:30? What does she mean? I literally just shut off the alarm like 5 minutes ago! I look at my phone to see it flash 7:31 a.m. I got out of my bed as soon I could and ran to the bathroom like there's no tomorrow. I quickly got ready and rushed downstairs, and saw the clock flash 8:00 a.m.

"Hey Grace! You're finally here, come have break-"

"I'll skip the breakfast today! I'll get going!" I said to mom before leaving for school

"Also mom...... love you!" I shouted before slamming the door and leaving.

I sprinted as fast as I could. Not stopping, I rushed and finally reached the school on time. I looked at my watch, showing 8:15, I rushed in the halls and in my rush accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized to this girl, she had pretty red hair which was very long, and shimmering blue eyes, she seemed about the same age as me as well.

"No problem!" She replied back giving me a sweet smile. "Are you new? I haven't really seen you around." She asked me while I helped her pick up her books.

"Uh... yeah I'm new." I said awkwardly as we shook hands.

"Well, I'm a pretty old student.. so I'll show you to your class." She said as she guided me to my class, on the way, we exchanged names. She seemed genuinely nice so I followed her and came to know on the way that she's in the same class as me. Mia sat next to me, so that I won't be alone. I introduced myself to everyone and continued along the classes. I pretty soon realized that we almost had the same classes and schedule. I had fun knowing that I already had a friend.

She seemed really smart, and had great language skills. She was amazing! I was really happy to have a friend like her. I observed throughout the day that she didn't really have that many friends. Or maybe they were just absent?

But she really seemed to have everything! Brains and beauty, I kinda envy her. She has a perfect life. I only wish to have such a perfect life. Oh well!

In the lunch break, me and Mia sat together and ate. She told me a lot about the school, and it's "dark history". I personally am not interested in horror and paranormal in the least, but seeing her so enthusiastic, I just gave her a warm smile. I never really have time to do this all 'cause I work part time at a café, and usually if I get time I just watch a bit of tv or use my mobile. Pretty rough schedule for a 16 year old but it's alright. Although my mom gets payed enough and more and we live a comfortable life, I wanna save up just for college and tuitions.

Mia is a great friend and an even better human. I'm kinda surprised that she doesn't have that many friends!

We had fun while the day lasted. We bid goodbye and I continued my path to home. It was about 3:00 p.m right now, and I worked from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. The café I worked at was quite close to my home, about 10 minutes walk away, so I took my time to go home. When I reached home, mom wasn't here yet so I figured she was coming home late. I changed my clothes, ate lunch, and sent a text to mom saying I'd be home by 6:00. After the text was sent, I took my bag and went to the café.

I wonder if my boss would be friendly or not? What if they're scary? I hope I get along with them, it'd be awful otherwise These thoughts followed me 'till I reached the café.

________________________________________________________________________________