Chapter 5

Grace's POV

"Right. But we do need to get started" Mia said as she turned towards me and looked deep in my eyes. I couldn't feel the floor anymore, my limbs were numb and blood seemed to stop, I wanted to look away but I couldn't.......

I felt myself in a dark path again. This time I couldn't control myself from falling. I never make eye contact. It tells too much then I would like for it to. I felt myself hit a rock hard surface, still, in the dark, I couldn't see anything. I tried to stand up but fell again. I didn't have enough strength to get back up again. I could feel but the surroundings seemed a bit off. At the touch it seemed very rocky but when seen carefully, the ground looked fluffy, kind of like a carpet. Though there seems to be something around when I felt around, there was nothing.

It's as if, this whole thing is just an illusion. I felt something pierce my wrist, but I couldn't see anyone. At this moment I wish Mia and all were here... in these dark moments I can only think of them.

Suddenly all the lights came back on, the room was mostly empty, white in colour, there in distance stood a small table with a drink on it. I walked up to it. Only to notice that there was a tag on it.
It read:

"DRINK THIS AND BE FREE
SEE YOURSELF AND
YOUR BELOVED"

I still couldn't believe my eyes. I was hesitant at first but gave up at the end. I drank the whole bottle.

.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Grace?" Someone asked as I tried to open my eyes. I opened my eyes slowly to see all five of them standing next to me, as I laid on the bed.

"What happened? You suddenly fainted" Mia asked concerned.

"Ah, did I?" I said dumbfounded "I don't remember" I added as I sat upright on the bed.

"Well you did. And you scared the living daylights out of us" Mia said handing me a glass of water.

"I'm so sorry guys, I ruined tonight...." I said as I took the glass of water and drank a bit.

"You're kidding!" Someone said and wrapped his arm around me, blood rushed to my face and I tried to hide it. "The whole night is left! You didn't ruin shit." He added, hugging me as others joined in.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" I said and got jumped out of the bed.

"Nothing, now that you're here!"

"Hey! By the way, I saw you with Jacob. Did anything happen between you two?" Mia smirked at me.

My face burned hot. I totally forgot about the situation with him. That dude, ugh.

"What do you mean?" I said trying to play innocent

"Oh stop with act, your actings' horrible. I heard him ask "Do you wanna be my girlfriend" to you