Chapter 3

Grace's POV

This dude Jacob seemed kinda nice but he was still a stranger. Should I trust him? Maybe I should just see how things fold out between us. After all, I have just met him couple of minutes ago. But he did carry me all the way up to the infrimary.... I shake off these thoughts for a while.

We entered our class just to find it packed! We both had no option but to sit next to each other. Though a lot of girls seemed to have signaled him to come and sit with them. He just plain old ignored them. Is he popular? He's not that cute though. Except for when he smiles. Ew, what did I just say?

I can't say that I'm comfortable, but I bet it's making him uncomfy as well....right?
I turned to see his face calm, not a glimpse of him being uncomfortable or anything! He turned his face towards me and gave a sweet smile. "Cute." I mumbled under my breath. I thought I said in inaudibly but Jacob seemed to have heard it and chuckled. No that's so embarrassing!!! I don't even like him!!
I face palmed and hid my face all throughout the period.

When the period was about to end Jacob signaled me to wait for him after. I asked him why but he didn't answer me, instead just happily stared at the blackboard!

I literally just met you, why should I listen to you? Also, I just realized where is Mia? And others? We shared almost the same classes and today they definitely have this period, in the same time stamp. I looked around the class to see if I could find them but I couldn't find them anywhere in the class. Could they?? Na... They wouldn't right?
.
.
.
.
.

Could they have bunked this period?? I mean Physics can be pretty boring but enough to bunk? No way!

My train of thoughts carried me throughout the period till it ended. I had completely forgotten about Jacob telling me to wait after the class had ended.

I picked up my books and bags and continued down the hall. Just then Jacob grabbed my hand and forced me to follow him. His grasp was too strong so I couldn't get out of it.

"God! You're driving me mental!" He started

"Uh huh?" I said looking down at his hand, holding mine.

"I'm sorry!" He quickly let go.

"You should be! Thanks a lot, buddy"

"Well see you around then!" He said and went off. What a weirdo.

I went on towards my next class as well. On the way I met Mia and asked her as to why she wasn't present in the class. She said that it wasn't there on her schedule and showed it to me. But I could've sworn it was there. Was it just my eyes playing tricks on me? Ugh.

"Hey! Do you wanna join our team?" Mia suddenly asked. Her question caught me off guard. I mean they're nice and everything but ugh I dunno.

"No worries you can take your time. But just think about it we can do so many cool things!!" She told me before both of us headed to the same class.

I sat next to some random person, and Mia sat next to me. My train of thoughts was conflicted. But then again, why am I giving it so much of shit? I should totally join! After all I'd have so many good friends who I could share anything to.

I turned to Mia.

"Mia! I'll take the offer!" I said
confidently.

"I knew it! I'm so happy!!" Mia said excitedly "Hey! Can you come at my house today?" Mia added

"I guess. Need to tell my mom though." I said "But why?" I added confused.

"Well we have an official thing that we do when we have new members" Mia explained

"Oh okay." I said confused. I turned my head to the other side to see Jacob! I quickly put my head down to my books. Making it seem like I didn't notice him.

"Hey!" He said "Stop pretending! You're actings' horrible!"

"What?!" I said turning around towards him

"Isn't it such a coincidence that we have the same schedule!?" He said with a smirk

"Right" I said giving no interest whatsoever.

"Oh c'mon!" He said giving me a puppy smile. Why the hell is he acting so cute? Or I guess trying to act so cute? Again, Reasons for me not to believe that he's popular.

"What?" I replied flatly.

"Let's get straight to the point, shall we?" He said with a serious expression. Not gonna lie, he actually looks pretty goddamn handsome with a straight face.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" He sighed