Chapter 6

Grace's POV

"WAKE UP!!!!" Someone shouted from downstairs

"Ughhhh...."

"What happened?" Mia asked

"It's 7:10 already!" Mia's mom shouted from downstairs

"What?!" Mia shouted puzzled as she looked for her phone. We all woke up and somehow got ready till 7:45. Mia's mom didn't let us go without having breakfast and by the time we finished, it was 8:03. She was kind enough to leave us in her car today so we got to school by 8:10.

We all hurried in the hall and sprinted to our class. Thankfully we reached just in time cause the Home room teacher came in right after us.

She called out roll call but because we were so tired we said something stupid and ended up getting scolded and out of the class. But we were so tired that we didn't care about it and after the bell just got our bags and went to the next class.

Me and Mia went to the washroom and washed our faces and continued back to class. Just as we got out of the washroom, a few steps later, Jacob met me.

"See you later then" Mia signaled me to meet her at class.

"What do you want now?" I turned back in annoyance, just to see that we were an inch apart.

"So did you think about it?" He asked as his baby blue eyes pierced mine and I was back to back with wall.

"Think about what?" I spluttered out trying to avoid his gaze.

"Really?" He asked sounding disappointed. "Well.... You better remember by the end of the day" He said and walked on.
My head started to throb and my gaze was blurry. Unknowingly, I bumped into him again.

"Ah, I'm sorry" I said half mindedly.

"Hey. Are you ok?" His familiar
voice said with a soft sense. I shifted my eye to look up, his eyes were softer and more welcoming.

"Huh? Y-yeah I'm okay. I'm really sorry" I apologized and left the scene before anything more could happen.

Me and Jacob both reached the class 10 minutes late. And again we had to sit together cause there were no seats left. And unluckily none of my friends had this class today.

We both sat together. I didn't look at anything but the blackboard. I didn't wanna look at him. I felt embarrassed. I looked through a side eye at him to notice that he was flustered too. That's the first time I've seen him like this. He looks cute.

I didn't realize that a smile came across my face. Our eyes met for a few seconds. This time I felt like I was looking at a completely different person. Not the person who joked around and made me wanna choke him, but a softer, more warmer him, one who is nice to look at. When our eyes met for those few seconds, we both were flustered and looked down at our desks.

The class ended and we both headed to our own classes. Thank god I shared this class with Mia. I have so much to tell her.

"Mia. You wouldn't believe what happened to me today." I told her the whole story.

"No.Way." She replied "Shut. Up." Her eyes widened at what I told her but shrank back, "Oh no, don't tell me you forgot" she face palmed.

"What do you even mean--" Then it hit me. Right. He asked me out yesterday. Holy shit. How could I forget??!! I am not gonna be believing that I forgot such an important detail. I honestly almost screamed but Mia put her palm on my mouth to stop me. I honestly ain't even overreacting. I am shook.

*Bell rings*

I rushed to washroom and washed my face violently. I finally woke up from my sleep. Mia was just confused but didn't interfere.

I was flustered the whole day. The scene with him in the hallway kept playing in the back of my head.
I don't know what my answer is. I have no idea. He's cute, he's funny and sometimes even looks like a daydream. But do I, Grace Rose Helen, like Jacob?

*School ends*

My last class was with him. I sat with a random kid and packed up as fast as I could after hearing the bell. I wasn't in the mood of confrontation. I rushed out of class and waited for my friends. But they came late. And by late I mean, Jacob arrived but they didn't.

He came up to me and asked "Do you have the answer?"
I avoided his orbs and didn't reply. He came close again but this time too close. My heart was beating fast and blood rushed up to my face. He came closer yet again. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what happens next. I felt him back down.

"Open your eyes" He said sweetly. I opened them only to notice that he had a flower bouquet in his hand. 

"I ask you yet again, Do you, Grace Helen, wanna be my girlfriend?" He said with a sweet smile, kneeling down.

I was too flustered. I don't know what came across me.... But I nodded my head. He smiled and hugged me. I was caught off guard by him, yet again. But I liked it. I like him....I guess. He handed me the bouquet of flowers and left.
"See you tomorrow!" He flashed a sweet smile. My friends came in after.

"Mia..!!!"

"What's up with bouquet? And why are you so red?" She asked me, as she checked my temperature.

"He.... asked me out...!!"

"What??!" Mia shouted in a trance.

"Ayy Grace congratulations" Everyone congratulated me.
_________________

I got a call on my way back home, it was an unknown number but I picked it up anyway.

"Just wait. Wait. I'll be waiting dear" a demonic voice answered. It was very unclear but somehow it sounded very familiar. The voice. It seems so familiar but who? Who is it? Could it be....???
I dropped my phone in shock. I hurried to my home and locked all doors. I didn't want it to be her.... Please...... Nooo. Not again.