Chapter 10

With that note, I went inside the bathroom with the dress to change into. Even the bathroom was stunning with marble tiles. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and smiled.

"You did great Grace!" I said to myself. I washed my face and looked in the mirror again, to see the most horrifying face ever. It's hard to describe in words. I ran out of the bathroom as quickly as I could, slammed the door shut. I took Sirius with me out of the room. I locked the door and Continued downstairs with him in my hand.

I finally saw Jacob and ran to him. Put Sirius on the floor and fell in Jacob's arms once again. Before falling I saw the terror in his eyes. But when I looked up, he had a smile wide enough to reach his ears and sharp teeth.

I fell back and tried to run away but I was stuck due to fear. Tears running down my face like a waterfall making my vision even more blurry.

Narrator's POV

But before she could be blind with tears she saw it. The horrible figure, the face of a black Mygalomorphae, the teeth of mammoth, the wings of a pterodactyl, the body of a  centaur. It was horrifying.

It grew larger and larger the more she stared at it. She couldn't look away, it was hypnotizing, addictive, and terrible.

The tears cleared from Grace's eyes and the space turned white, monotonous again. There was nothing. No walls. No ceiling. No one.

She tried running to a distance and unfortunately bumped into her so-called friends. But of course, they weren't her friends anymore.

They looked monotonous almost blending in with the background. But the red eyes and red lace around the dress kept them from blending.

"Guys! This is a joke. Right? Please. Please tell me this is all a joke. Jacob and you all planned this right? Please." Tears ran again knowing that it isn't a joke.

Suddenly another girl popped up. It was Mia but she looked much more familiar. The white, blood-splattered dress, teddy I hand, and the bangs. It was her all along?

"Father!" Mia looked past me and addressed someone. I turned around to see it. My stepfather. Why is he here? I should've known that this is a trap. My dumbass couldn't figure that out.

"We did it" Mia said to him. I didn't want to look at him. It's disgusting. He ruined the lives of both me and my mother. Looking at him, made me enraged.

"Oh, Grace. How ungraceful of you to forget your father!" He said to me in a child-like tone. I kept my mouth shut.

"Oh my, did you actually?" He repeated getting closer to me. He lifted my chin up. I slapped his hand off of me.

"Of course not. You, Casper, destroyed us. Me and my mother. Do you know how hard it was for us?" I shouted back.

"What hard? You were living the lives of luxury. If it weren't for me--"

"YOU??! Casper, you came home, drunk every single night. Let alone day. You beat us up. You have no idea how happy we were to hear you're dead! It was the best news ever." I shouted the truth to his face.

"NOW! Don't forget your manners sweetie. You aren't putting a good example to others!" He said in that same annoying voice.

"I'd rather die than use honorifics with you!" I shouted at him.

"You mannerless brat!" He swung a bat at my knees making me fall. "If only I were alive! Your mother taught you this?" He swung it again. I dodged it just in time.

"Don't say anything to her! She kept her mouth quiet when she should've reported you!" I shouted and received another swing.

"Honey, that's enough" I heard the familiar voice if my mom. I looked up to see her, what I saw was heinous. She was dressed in blood, carrying her head in her hands, blood coming from her eyes, and the knife sitting in her chest.

Tears ran down my face along with blood. My head was gushed open. I was about to die. Funnily enough, I accepted it.

Unexpectedly I heard my alarm clock. I woke up. My bed soaked in sweat. I couldn't care less.

"MOM!!?" I shouted, after a few seconds I hear her. "Coming sweetie!" She said. I was happy knowing that it was a dream. I couldn't be more thankful.

I went to school that day. It was my first day, again. I rode my bicycle there and parked it on the school lawn. Everyone seemed so bright and happy. It seemed unrealistic but this time I knew it was real.

I still couldn't believe that what I saw was conjured up by my brain. It was too realistic. I asked the students and teachers of the school to get an unexpected answer.

"Oh Mia and her friends? They used to be the jerks of the school. Mean and bullied everyone. They died during the shooting." One of the students said

"Jacob? Oh, he used to be very poor and barely came to school. He died in a car accident." One of the faculty members said.

So, they are all dead people? I just saw these dead people in my dream? This was all just a lie. But, I touched my neck to see that I still had on that jade necklace. I didn't know what to believe anymore. 

I returned home to see, police surrounding my home, when I went inside I saw the body of my mother, laying on the ground, I ran to her but the police officers stopped me.

"I'm sorry Miss. , you can't." One of them said to me. Tears ran across my cheeks. 
"Nothing too bad had happened, she only has a minor concussion. She's gonna be fine." The same officer said to me.

They said it could be dangerous for me to stay here, so I went with them, to the hospital. They gave me and my mom the same room.

Feeling queasy, I went to the bathroom.
I went inside and noticed, in the mirror there was a blood-stained message.      
"I'll come back". I fell headfirst into the tile of the hospital bathroom.

I was taken to the ICU afterward.

~A few days later~

"I'm sorry Ms.Grace, but you seemed to have lost a few memories. The hippocampus of your brain has faced some damage. I'm not sure whether they'll come back but it could lead to some problems I'm the future." The doctor ended.

A few weeks later I and my mother got out to shop. Little did I know that my memories are gonna come flooding back. On the mirror of the stall. There was written, "I really did love you".

The necklace he gave me glistened.

_______________________________________________

The end! This is where the story ends for now. There will be a sequel to it. But I'm not sure yet when.

I am working on a new project so look forward to it! 💓