One

[song recommendation: LOONA – SeeSaw]

⠀⠀Between him zoning out while browsing Twitter and the silence surrounding him, the ring of his phone startled Jungkook. "Fúck," he muttered to himself while glancing at the caller ID displayed on his phone before rolling his eyes. It was none other than his best friend, Jimin. Why the hell was he calling this late?

⠀⠀"What, Jimin?" he asked while answering the call before continuing to express his annoyance to the older, "It's 11 PM. This better be good--"

⠀⠀"Oh, hush up and listen, bítch," he interjected, "I was invited to some end of summer college party by some upperclassmen and I need you to be my plus one."

⠀⠀Jungkook's heart dropped down into his stomach at the sudden invite, his grip tightening on the phone pressed against his cheek. To make things clear, Jungkook was a bit of a naïve good kid whose closest experience to trying alcohol was sipping church wine. The idea of attending a party was unappealing to him; he could already feel the sweaty bodies bumping into him with the sound of trashy music blaring and smell of alcohol permeating the air.

⠀⠀A soft grunt left Jungkook's lips as he contemplated. In reality, he was nervous as all hell to attend a party full of strangers. "I-- uh... I do-don't know J-Jimin..." The younger could feel a red color developing on his face as his nerves made his words jumbled like they were tossed in a blender. "I've never even been to a party before... What if people there think I'm weird or don't belong?"

⠀⠀Jimin could sense Jungkook's nerves getting the best of him to which his tone changed, softening his approach. "Hey, c'mon now. You need to live a little, Kookie. Your summer is almost over and I don't want you having to play catch up once you start university in the next week. Besides, we always get to do the stuff you like, so can you maybe do this for me?"

⠀⠀Damnit, Jungkook hated how much of a pushover he could be, Jimin's words swaying him with such ease as he, while doing so reluctantly, agreed to join his best friend. "Fine," he sighed out. "There better be cute boys there."

⠀⠀"Yes, bítch!" Jungkook could almost feel Jimin's sudden jolt of excitement slap him as the older continued, "I'll be over at your place in thirty minutes. Wear something cute yet casual!"

⠀⠀Before Jungkook could object to having only thirty minutes to get ready, the line went dead and the younger was left to bítch and moan by himself. "That asshole," he muttered to himself before rummaging through his disorganized room to find some clothes to replace the pajamas he had on currently. Basically, Jungkook's room was a hot mess because he had just moved into his new apartment this week. Having won a full ride scholarship to his university, his apartment rent being covered was something he was eternally grateful for. Ever since he was a child, Jungkook's parents had instilled in him that once he finished high school he was on his own, so this gave him incentive to bust his ass in school to make college affordable.

⠀⠀After minutes of trying on different outfits and weighing which options made his ass and figure look nicer, Jungkook threw in the towel and wore a basic crewneck sweater and jeans. While Jungkook was not a fan of unwanted attention, he was feeling ballsy and decided to add a lace choker to his wardrobe before calling it good and heading to the bathroom to comb his hair and brush his teeth. Once done, he freshened up with some cologne and deodorant, and before he knew it, Jimin was blowing up his phone telling him to hurry his ass up.

⠀⠀"I'm coming, you impatient fúck head!" shouted Jungkook as he locked up his apartment before getting into Jimin's car and leaving on an empty stomach that would later bite him in the ass.

~ ~

⠀⠀A car ride full of shít talking and gossiping later, Jimin and Jungkook pulled up to the house where this supposed party was taking place, a sense of familiarity hitting Jungkook. "Jimin, whose party is this again?" Jungkook asked, his eyes scanning across the lush and expensive house in front of him. "This place looks oddly familiar?"