Fifteen

[song recommendation: Chungha – Roller Coaster]

⠀⠀A lump formed in Jungkook's throat as he tried to gather his thoughts. Aside from Jimin, Jungkook had never really vented about his relationship with Jin to anyone, and having to explain the breakup would only remind Jungkook of the past he was trying to forget. But after patching things up, Jungkook wanted to trust Taehyung. Honestly, he needed to talk about this and finally let go of whatever he had bottled up. He always tried to convince himself he was over everything with Jin, but that was a damn lie and Jungkook knew it.

⠀⠀Jungkook looked over at Taehyung and gulped. "Jin and I... we had something special. He was a good- no, a great boyfriend- for the longest time. He treated me like a princess, and I thought we'd be together forever. But when you're 15, you don't have an accurate sense of reality." Jungkook shifted in his seat and sighed. "After he went on that spring break trip with you guys, it was like something inside him came undone. He became a short fuse- a different person. He'd snap at me all the time and say some rude things. And our relationship took a sort of sexual turn."

⠀⠀A silence immersed between the two as Taehyung looked at Jungkook in pure concertation, taking in every single one of his words. He could tell it was hard for Jungkook to talk about this with how soft his eyes and voice were.

⠀⠀Biting down on his lip, Jungkook looked over at a stern Taehyung and blushed. He was embarrassed about explaining the rest of the story, but he continued nonetheless. "Because I was so young, I always emphasized that I wasn't ready for sex yet, and Jin respected that- or so I thought. Before, we'd never gone any further than making out, but after coming back from that trip, Jin tried having s-sex with m-me that night. I turned him down and he got mad. Like, s-scary mad, Tae. It didn't stop there, though. He kept pushing for sex, and every time I turned him down and it turned into a big fight."

⠀⠀Noticing the wavering of his voice and his jittery fingers, Taehyung placed his hand on top of Jungkook's and nodded for him to go on. "You can tell me, baby," he said warmly, his smile more than reassuring.

⠀⠀"Every time I turned him down, he made me feel selfish and like the bad guy. All the fighting took a toll on me, and I felt like I was losing h-him, so I-I—" Jungkook choked up a bit, but kept his composure. "I caved and had sex with Jin. I felt so d-disgusting, like I was just some hole for him to fuck. It never felt romantic- it felt more like a chore. But I did it because I wanted to please him, wanted to keep him. I-I didn't wanna lose him..."

⠀⠀"That piece of shit," grumbled Taehyung under his breath. However, this wasn't completely a surprise to Taehyung. Due to some bragging Jin did, Taehyung already knew Jungkook and Jin had sex in the past. In fact, Jin bragged about it to Taehyung specifically because he knew it pissed Taehyung off.

⠀⠀Jungkook flinched at Taehyung's words and pursed his lips. He didn't want to address the actual breakup- it felt real as if he were living it again. Sighing deeply, and now intertwining his fingers with Taehyung's, Jungkook mustered up the courage to get the rest of this off his chest. "Once summer hit, Jin starting distancing himself from me. He'd ignore my texts and wouldn't visit me as often. I eventually got fed up and confronted him to talk things out, but things took a turn for the worse. He said things just weren't working out between us- that I was too immature and that his parents wanted him to date someone more his age. So, we broke things off, but deep down I knew it was more than that..."

⠀⠀Taehyung felt Jungkook's grip around his hand tighten and heard soft whimpers. "I felt l-like he used m-me, like he just wanted s-sex. It made me feel like some cheap whore, like I was only g-good for one thing. It was like nothing else mattered to him. I felt like such a fucking idiot, falling so hard for him- for someone that could never love me like I loved them."