Twenty

[song recommendation: Sunmi – Black Pearl]

⠀⠀Jungkook's heart jittered and bile pooled in his stomach as Taehyung pulled up in front of the Kim residence. As a need for comfort, Jungkook reached over and gripped Taehyung's hand as he was twisting the key out of the ignition. Holding Taehyung's hand was something Jungkook found that eased his nerves. His warm hands would envelope Jungkook's smaller ones, blanketing him in protection and reassurance.

⠀⠀Looking over at Jungkook longingly, Taehyung asked, "Something wrong?"

⠀⠀The younger sunk his shoulders down and poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. Releasing a sigh and looking at his boyfriend with soft eyes, Jungkook muttered in a small voice, "Just a little nervous to meet your parents is all. What if they don't like me?"

⠀⠀Jungkook wasn't always good with meeting new people. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he cared what people thought of him, and he placed so much importance on first impressions. Sometimes he wished he could apply the confidence he had during his broadcasts to his real life, ridding himself of doubt. He wanted to be more like BunnyBoy97, shameless and free of insecurities.

⠀⠀Taehyung let out a deep chuckle, and Jungkook pouted his lips and narrowed his eyes at this. "Tae!" he whined out. "Why are you laughing?! I'm serious!"

⠀⠀"Sorry," Taehyung breathed out in between his laughing. "But I think you're overreacting, babe. I told you already – my folks are the ones that pushed for having dinner with you."

⠀⠀"Well, yeah, but—" Jungkook stopped himself with a gulp. He hated bringing up the past, and he didn't want to sound like he was dwelling on it, but his worries were valid. "T-They almost kicked you out because of what happened at your party. To them, I'm probably the hot mess teen that almost died of alcohol poisoning in their house."

⠀⠀Cooing at his boyfriend's soft face and small voice, Taehyung gave Jungkook's forehead a kiss and rubbed at his arm. "Listen, that was over two months ago. They've moved on from that already, okay? It's not like they were mad at you. They were mad at me for giving alcohol to a minor, if anything."

⠀⠀Eyes crinkling as he chuckled, Taehyung added, "My mom almost made me drive to your place and give you a casserole she made as a get-well gesture, too. But, uh, I-I was a little bitch and refused." Taehyung then grimaced at his words.

⠀⠀"You were a little bitch, huh?" Jungkook taunted him, giggling at Taehyung pursing his lips. He then leaned in for a kiss, only to be stopped by Taehyung grabbing his hands and examining them.

⠀⠀"Your nails- they're not painted," Taehyung muttered as he rubbed Jungkook's hands with the pads of his thumbs.

⠀⠀Gently pulling his hands away and holding one of his wrists with his hand, Jungkook mumbled, "Yeah, I... I thought it might creep out your parents o-or something."

⠀⠀Taehyung furrowed his thick eyebrows and gave Jungkook a stern look. He looked so manly and intimidating that it made Jungkook tint pink. "Jungkook, you don't have to be someone you're not just to impress my parents. I want them to know you- the real you- the boy I've been crazy for since I was 18."

⠀⠀As Taehyung was talking, Jungkook was in awe at how handsome his boyfriend looked. He had on a black baseball cap, ripped jeans, and a tight white tee that accented his broad shoulders. The gold chain necklace he donned complimented the tan complexion of his neck as it shined with the street lights beaming down on them. He was really falling for Taehyung.

⠀⠀Sporting a wide smile, bunny teeth on display, Jungkook leaned in and gave Taehyung a gentle kiss on his lips. Their lips now brushing away from one another, Jungkook whispered, "Shall we go?"