I

Rewind Villainess!

Chapter One

6 Lifetimes later...

I remember this part all too well. Reviving from the previous end of the story, had me sore all over. It doesn't matter which candidate the heroine gets because I die at every ending.

This time, I was brutally executed by throwing me into the territory of cannibalistic mermaids. Naked and tied up tightly with a rope that burned unto my skin which left red marks. Not quite the typical bad end for a villainess but it's still a unique one. Before he pushed me off the plank, he freed me by cutting the ropes with his dagger and accidentally cut my skin. Blood oozed out of the small wounds that he made. It would surely catch the attention of the mermaids.

"Aren't I being merciful lass?" He asked with his lips turned upward into a cold smile. "I swear!" The villainess, who was me and also not me screeched at him and gave a look of hostility directed right at the young man. "Bye, bye little bitch." He taunted before kicking me off the plank. When the villainess had swam back into the surface after the splash that was made. A subordinate's meek question was heard.

"Cap'n wouldn't it be much easier if you left the ropes tied? Why did you do that?"

"Nothing much, I just wanted to see her struggle is all. Wouldn't it be boring if she didn't even struggle with those ropes that binded her?"

"But Cap'n..."

"Let's just watch her play with those mermaids for a while." Was what all he said to silence his trembling subordinate, a bloodthirsty glint evident on his eyes.

Even if this villainess body was a trained swimmer, it wasn't enough to escape from these mermaids since they had monstrous speed on sea. Nonetheless, I still got caught and they immediately stripped me of my flesh, feeding it greedily to their mouths. The beautiful blue sea stained with fresh blood and the last thing that I heard was my own blood-curdling scream as they feasted on my body.

I opened my eyes to see that I was once again surrounded by darkness with nothing but an all-too-familiar blinding white light infront of me. I squinted my eyes and rubbed my aching neck. This is where it all starts. In my first lifetime, where I had not known anything about this whole ordeal yet, carelessly went into the light.

In my second, which had me confused as to why I got back to the very start and terrified because I had just died and revived almost instantly. Having no intentions of going back in for another horrible experience, I just stayed in place. After what had felt like hours sitting on cold floor, something invisible forcibly pulled me into the light.

The third time is where I presumed that this was a game and that I had no power in changing it's course. I felt that it was even hopeless to the point that I gave up and just stayed unemotionally still as if it would help take the pain away. The same was for the fourth,fifth and sixth.

Now that it would be my seventh lifetime, I would still plan to do the same. I still had that tiny spark of hope that this whole thing would end. I'd appreciate it if it would be sooner. I inwardly sighed and waved off my pipe dream. Once again, I approached the bright light, bringing my hand up to shield my eyes.

                          ▪●{《》}●▪

"Just a little bit more Madam Jane!" The midwife urged the woman on the bed who was breathing heavily. Janella Sciere Hunt was the woman's full name. A true black-haired beauty with sea blue eyes. Her usual calm demeanor and unemotionless face was replaced by  knitted eyebrows, a pained expression on her visage.  Her husband beside the bed attentively supported her, whispering sweet nothings to her ear and placing soft kisses on her hand that entwined with his. Feeling a slight ache on his hand, the husband didn't dare complain about the pain that he felt because he knew that it wouldn't compare to Jane's.

"You're doing bloody great." Alexander Hunt encouraged her and chuckled softly at his own joke. His wife glared at him return with whatever strength she had left. Alexander was a man who posessed platinum blonde hair and a set of deep green eyes. It was hard for women to resist jumping on him but with his wife that always kept watch, they would rather stay away. Jane's hair was in disarray from the time that she had been agonizing over the pain that was unfortunately, in every part of her body. Luckily, they happened to find a midwife just when Jane's water broke. With that being said, she was giving birth in a ship.

That fact added more to her discomfort. Moreover, there was a storm brewing up outside. The more the vicious waves slapped up against the ship, the more it rocked sideways. Luckily, these people held their balance. If not, they would have been thrown to the side like a rag doll. The reason why they were on a ship because, they would like to move to another island called Quiera where it was peaceful and full of bliss.

Jane gave one final push and exhaled deeply as beads of sweat ran down from her forehead. Exhausted, Jane's porcelain cheeks were powdered pink. Her long hours of suffering had now come to an end. A loud and continuous cry from the newborn baby was heard while the midwife gently wiped the blood off of the small body and wrapped it in another clean white cloth.

"Is it a boy or a girl ?" Was the first thing that the father asked, an excited sparkle in his eyes. The midwife held a sweet smile as they both looked expectantly at her response. "I dare say it's a precious li'l girl." She answered, handing Alexander the bundle of joy. He almost melted then and there at the cute sight of his daughter.

The baby was graced with thin strands of black hair, which she got from her mother. Her eye color was yet to be known for she still cannot open her eyes. For now, the couple would surely quarrel over it.

               End of Chapter One