XV

Rewind Villainess

Chapter Fifteen

Upcoming Revenge

Lydia opened the door to her bedroom and got inside, followed by Xion who closed the door after. The scene she saw earlier was stuck on her head. She could not even imagine what horror the youngest Petreuch has seen. They way her eyes dilated, her lips quivered, and her knees giving up on her as she broke down on the spot, crying her heart out. It was already imprinted on her mind. Lydia walked towards the bed and sat down. The foam of the bed sanked a little because of her weight. Xion examined her room, and ran a finger along the suface of a cupboard. A speck of dust was seen on his fingertip. He knitted his eyebrows and fought the urge to clean the whole room again. Instead, he looked back at Lydia, waiting for her to say something.

Lydia reached down to her right boot and pulled out one of her daggers. She twirled it in her hands, examining it as she did so. Lydia has done this a lot of times in the past which earned her small cuts on her hands from it. She was mindlessly doing it as she thought deeply.

Xion leaned on the wall of her bedroom with his arms crossed. "What now?" He asked impatiently, pulling Lydia out of her trance. She craned her neck to look up at him, her eyes void of any emotion as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Let's go out."

"Pardon?" Xion raised an eyebrow at her statement. He didn't quite catch what she had just said.

What is she planning to do?

"Let's go out tonight." She then repeated, getting up from her position after placing back the dagger in her boots. She paced back and forth around the room, using her stocked knowledge as a basis. As they left the dining room, Lydia overheard from Maicee that it had something to do with the knights of the king's court and that everybody who witnessed that particular scene were too scared to even do something about it.

"Um...Lydia." Xion spoke up, calling for her attention as he watched her. "I don't think it's appropriate to go on a date in this kind of situation." His sentence got quiter and quieter as he went on. Pink was already dusting Xion's cheeks as he did so. Xion bit his lower lip nervously.

Fortunately, or rather unfortunately, Lydia wasn't paying attention since her head was filled with ideas. "We need to investigate where those children are brought to. Since they were just taken in today, they still might be in the prison." She theorized, bringing a hand up to stroke her nonexistent  beard.

"What were you saying?" Her gaze shifted back to Xion. When he heard her words, he didn't know either to be happy that it's still kept a secret or sad that Lydia doesn't know how to pick up a sign. Xion turned away from Lydia to face the wall, imaginary tears ran down his face as he stared at it's floral wallpaper as if it's the most interesting thing in the room. "It's nothing." He laughed in a depressing manner, a gloomy aura came from him.

"Am I missing something?" She asked as she approached him. "No. Not at all." Xion returned to his normal state and looked at her again. His feelings have been ignored too many times so it wasn't hard to bounce back right away. "Okay then." Lydia said, unsure of what had just happened.

"So...How are we going to do this?" Xion asked skeptically. Lydia only offered a smile with a plan brewing in her head.

•■{《》}■•

It was already dinner when Lydia saw the Petreuch family once again. Except that Maicee was missing. So here they are, face to face with a lavish meal layed out infront of them. The maids in the background sighed since all of their efforts seem to have gone to waste. Lydia took a sip of water out of the silver goblet infront of her. She swallowed it before dabbing the corners of her mouth gently. Lydia sent a look at Xion, indicating that they should leave right now.

He cleared his throat and excused himself first, bowing to them before leaving the dining room. Lydia stayed longer but only for a little while. She counted in her head as she clenched her hands together. Zeke slowly chewed on his food, not in the mood to eat. The atmosphere inside the very same dining room was far from the one filled with laughter early in the morning.

"Lydia, dear." Rosetta started, and Lydia lost count. "I'm sorry if you had to see that." She apologized, eyes filled with worry. "It's no problem Mrs. Petreuch." She replied, a reassuring smile on her face appeared. Rosetta sighed, feeling sorry for not telling them sooner. "Now that you know about Czyrek...I want you to be careful of every decision and act that you make while you're here in the city." Rosetta sternly warned her, looking deep into her eyes. From her peripheral view, Lydia could see Eric anticipating for her to pick the right aswer.

"Yes. I will."

"I expect you to keep that promise." Rosetta sternly looked at her, seeking affirmation in her eyes. Lydia couldn't bear lying straight to her face. But it was for a greater cause. She clenched her fist into a tight ball. Lydia was trying her best not to look away from Rosetta's honey-colored eyes.

"Yes."

•■{《》}■•

The moonlight shone, reflecting the silver color of the daggers that she held in her hand. She placed it in the slots of leather strap around her right leg. Lydia looked out into the dark forestry that the balcony was facing and narrowed her eyes. Xion should be waiting. She sucked in a breath and climbed unto the railing of the balcony. Lydia kept her legs and feet tightly pressed against each other, and jumped. Avoiding to flail or lose focus, her feet hit the ground at the same time. Lydia pressed a hand unto the ground to not lose balance.

She sighed out of relief, smiling victoriously.

"Ms.Hunt? Is that you?"

End of Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note:

Yes.

Yes I know.

I'm a terrible author.

With hugs and kisses,
From Monopanpan.