car ride

( Mon-el's p.o.v )

  Kara and I had to get to a party over in the next City. Kara suggested she fly, but I didn't want to drive alone. So she rode with me.

   Kara had been dancing along to the music that she was playing from the radio. She often looked over to me and sang lyrics.

    I put my hand on her thigh. She jumped slightly.
   "Your hands are so cold!" She laughed, rubbing her hand on mine to warm it up. I rubbed her thigh and she screamed.
    "STOP ITS COLD!" she laughed. We sat there laughing for a moment. Almost exactly when the song changed, one of the tires on the car popped. Kara turned down the music.

"Well shit!" I said, hitting the steering wheel. Kara looked at me.
   "Language Mon-el!" She said. I laughed at her and unbuckled my seatbelt. I was going to attempt to fix it. I went to the trunk to get the spare.

   "Kara?" I yelled.
   "Yes?" She yelled back over her music.
    "Where is the spare wheel?" I yelled. It wasn't in the back this time.
    "You used it for the last time the tire on your truck broke." She said turning down her music. I closed the trunk and went back to the front seat.

   "Well, were stuck." I said I knew Kara could fly back and get a wheel, but I didn't want her to leave. She looked so happy being there.

    "I could fly us out, if you want-" I cut her off.
    "No no. It's fine. I'll call Winn. He was just behind us a minute ago." I called Winn and we waited for him to get here with a spare tire.

    It was the little moments with Kara that I enjoyed the most. This was one of those little moments.