birthday

(This is gonna be a birthday one because my birthday is next Saturday, and I wanna celebrate with the cutest couple ever!)

    Kara walked home with tears in her eyes. She struggled to wipe the fogg out of her glasses in the elevator up to her apartment. Kara was in full belief that Mon-el had forgotten her birthday. She had looked forward to spending her birthday with Mon-el, and to see that he had forgotten tore her apart.
   Mon-el heard sniffling as the left door began rustle opene. He was setting up a birthday supprise for kara, but it wasn't quite ready yet. He rushed to finish it before Kara got home, but his attempts failed. After all, building a blanket fort isn't the easiest thing in the world.
    When the door opened, Mon-el rushed over to block Kara's veiw from her living room.
    "Kara- Kara hats wrong?" He asked, pulling her closer to him.
     "No-nothing... It's fine." Kara said, wiping her eyes.
      "No. No baby it's not fine, what's wrong? Look at me." He said, lilting her head up by the chin. Kara sniffled one more time.
     "Mon-el I swear, I'm fine." She said.
    "You know, you get this little crinkle in your eyebrow line when your lying.  Tell me what's wrong." He said, kissing her softly.
      "What's today?" She asked.
      "July 23 2018." He said. Kara looked disappointed. "And it's special because it's your birthday. I was going to surprise you, but if I knew you were going to react like this I would have just told you. I'm sorry." He said.
     "Y-you we're gonna supprise me?" Kara said, frantically trying to wipe her tears off of her face.
    "Yes love." He said, pulling her into a tight hug. "But, sadly, it does not live up to the expectation I had in my head." He said. When he moved out of the way, Kara couldn't help but awe at the blanket fort Mon-el had built.
    "Awe! It's like a home, inside my home!" Kara said in a baby voice. Mon-el couldnt help but chuckle at how cute she was being.
      "Are you gonna get in?" He asked. Kara looked at him excited, she quickly ran over and climbed Inside the small blanket fort. Mon-el laughed when he heard her gasp in excitement.
    "Come in here!" Kara said, opening the door for him.
    "Kara it's kinda small for the two of us.." Mon-el said, sitting in front of her. Kara gave a pouty lip that Mon-el swore broke his heart.
     "Just to cuddle." She said, still pouting.
     "Only cause it's your birthday." Mon-el said, climbing in and cuddling up to kara.
     "Happy birthday baby." He said, rubbing her back.
      "Thank you. I really love it." She said, kissing him.
     "I got another supprise." He said. Kara perked up at him. Mon-el reached for the remote and turned on the TV, starting her favorite musical.
    "This is great!" Kara said happily.
    "I'm glad you like it." Mon-el said, kissing her forehead.
      "You know what would also be great?" Kara said.
     "Your land lord won't allow dogs." Mon-el said. Kara sank her head into his chest in disappointment.
      "They wouldn't have to know" Kara said, muffled from Mon-els chest. He laughed at how cute she was being.