Chapter 16

Slow on her, his lips were forceful in a way that showed how heavily he desired her

Slow on her, his lips were forceful in a way that showed how heavily he desired her. Though initially uncomfortable, it was quickly forgotten as his tongue wound with hers. The way it pressed and pulled was as if he was tasting her and unwilling to stop. In the back of her mind there was a beep that she barely registered, but Rush must have opened the door because the next thing she knew, she was on her back.

Using his power to throw her down and bury her with his weight was exponentially more tactile than she'd imagined. His nose trailed down her face back to her lips, and their clothes pulled on each other as if they themselves wanted to find a place to be alone. Even the shifting of his weight, from being on top of her initially, to delving with intent between her legs, drowned her in sensations she could barely handle.

The bed was more comfortable than the hallway wall, but it was all dull compared to the hungry pull of his lips on hers and the detour his hand was taking up her shirt, the soft trail of his cool fingertips searching. This time she had a bra, or well, had one for a moment. Impatiently, Rush sliced it down the front with one of his claws and lifted her to pull it off.

Ice cold on her skin, his hand finally rested at its chosen spot and caused her to jerk from the chill. The motion, which could have been easily misinterpreted as a recoil, drew his lips away from hers and he found her eyes, searching.

While he was looking to her for meaning, there was also heat in them that easily matched his skin now, the hot grip of his hand on her breast. It wasn't rough or uncomfortable, as she might expect from something that could snap people like toothpicks. Rush's grip was firm, but soft and teasing, his thumb tracing her nipple in a languid circle until it hardened.

"Meredith, are you sure you want this?" Rush asked, though he didn't wait for an answer as he slid his other hand down to her jeans. Ripping the poor defenseless button off, he pulled down her zipper and hovered his finger well too close to her underwear. While he waited on her, he absentmindedly stroked the outside of them with his knuckles gently, and she let out a small but clearly desperate whine.

With an amused smirk, he slid two fingers along the front of her underwear and she shuddered as she felt herself leaking into them. A whole lot of excitement from earlier had her ready to go, though Shiva wasn't pushing it on her. The only feeling she had now was what Rush was giving her, and it was different from Shiva, and yet more, painfully more pleasurable.

Satisfied with her reaction to his light touch, he slid his whole hand into her jeans and she gasped as he pushed it against everything that was so sensitive. The tight sandwiching of his hand between her pants and her underwear drew her to press against him, and she moaned lightly. Letting out a ragged breath of his own, Rush inhaled and she knew it was to breathe her in, to enjoy the scent of her arousal for him. Then he removed his shirt and stripped hers off just as quickly.

When he returned to her, he found her neck with his nose and trailed down the skin, causing her to shiver in recollection of the last time he'd been at her throat. It was startling and yet arousing when he sucked on her skin, teasing it with his fangs.