Dawn Of Hell.

Hanna's P.O.V

We are surrounded by the infected as they close in on us. Their putrid breath assaults my nose. The moans of the horde terrify me to the core. As one reaches out its mangled hand, it manages to grab my arm. I step back, until I'm back to back with Cole, he lets a low chuckle "Now we're doomed."

48 hours earlier

I sit on the sofa watching Pretty Little Liars, eating ice cream. As the sun peaks over the horizon lightening the sky, I go into the kitchen.

My phone rings loudly. I put the phone to my ear, only to be met with static. "Weird" I mutter under my breath.

An emergency broadcast from the television catches my attention and I walk back into the room. A loud siren blares from the television and I hear thundering footsteps upstairs. I move closer to the television.

"This is an emergency broadcast, a nation wide pandemic has been called. We urge everyone to stay in their houses. Avoid all contact with the infected; if you are scratched or bitten we urge you to go to the hospital. The nearest safe havens are the two high schools, and the arena. Weapons may be used to protect yourself if absolutely necessary. Remain calm."

"What?" I whisper quietly staring at the television. My shrill ringtone pierces the air causing me to jump out of my skin. I rush over to it before it cuts off.

Before I can even get a word in, my best friend screams down the phone "Did you hear the broadcast?"

"Yes" I say calmly.

"What do we do? I don't know what to do!" she screams down the phone. I begin pacing up and down the kitchen. I run my hands through my long blonde locks.

"Pack some stuff and come to mine we will figure something out" I state calmly.

"Okay, we will be there soon. Love you" she states ending the phone call. I hear whispers behind me and turn to see my brother and sister watching me intently.

"Is it true?" Jordan whispers, walking towards me. I point towards the television which repeats the broadcast. He walks towards the TV staring at it intently.

My sister walks towards me and throws herself in my arms.

I type in the number instinctively and hold the phone towards my ear. The dial tone meets me and I throw my hands up in frustration.

Great, Now I can't even speak to my parents.

My sister releases me and joins my brother on the sofa. A loud noise at the back door catches my attention. I grab a knife from the kitchen and turn towards my siblings.

I put a finger to my lips and they both nod at me. I walk silently towards the door, I tighten my grip on the knife and throw open the door.

Holly's eyes widen as she notices the knife in my hands. I put the knife down and stand back. "Are you gonna let us in?" she whispers.

Their faces are bright red and they breathe rapidly. I move to the left as Holly and Jake rush inside, I close the door behind them. Holly wraps me in a hug as she starts to cry.

Her and Jake take long deep breaths allowing their faces to slowly return to normal. "It's horrendous out there" she whispers.

Just as she says it a loud pounding starts at the door. I take a step forward and Holly grabs my hand. "Don't!" she says aggressively.

"I'm only going to look" I state while I pull her fingers off me, and step in front of the door. I look through the peephole and see one person banging repeatedly on the door. More appear and start banging on the door.