[05]

After Jim's incident, he kept to himself, quiet and plotting something. Sebastian would offer him food, drink and anything else he could think of, but Jim would say no. He was too quiet. He wasn't as playful as he had been, or as angry. He was just quiet, and constantly working. So Seb decided to do something about it.

"Hey, Jim." He mumbled, dodging a block of post it notes that were being thrown his way. "Do you wanna do something?"

"I'm busy."

"You haven't left this room for days. It would do you some good to get out." Seb said, truthfully. Jim shook his head, although the look in his eyes said he wanted to. "Be ready in ten." Seb whispered, putting his hand on his boss's arm gently, then leaving the room.

Sebastian kept thinking about the other day, when he'd had sex with Danny. He'd thought about Jim the whole time, and he didn't know how to feel about that. So he tried to push it to the back of his mind, dismissing it as being drunk. That's what he always did when he did something fucked up.

Jim came back downstairs in some black jeans and one of Sebastian's hoodies. Seb thought that was weird, Jim always wore formal attire. He didn't say anything, just gave a small smile.

"Just try to have fun, yeah?" Seb asked. Jim nodded in response.

Confused was an understatement for how Seb was feeling. He didn't understand why Jim was suddenly so different. He seemed scared, but like was plotting something. And when Jim was quiet, Seb knew it wasn't going to be good.

"Jim, I'm worried about you." The words came out before Sebastian could stop them. "You're planning something, aren't you?"

"Yes." Is all Jim replied.

"What is it, boss?"

"Something bad, okay? Trust me, Sebby, you don't wanna know."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Jim, tell me." Seb muttered, knowing if Jim wasn't like this at the moment he probably would have strangled him. Yet something made Sebastian need to know.

"Fine. It's a murder. But we need to be careful about it. This one's different, it could lead to me or you as a main suspect."

"What did this person do?" Seb asked.

"Brought a kid into this world and treated him like shit until his only choice was to kill them."

"Shit," Seb didn't actually think Jim was thinking about this. He thought he'd just been scared and angry. "Your parents? You're actually gonna do it?"

Jim sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah. I'm going to do it. So you can make a choice, and I'll respect that. You can either help, or pretend to know nothing. It's your choice. Entirely up to you, tiger."

"I'll help." Sebastian agreed without even thinking first. He wanted to help, maybe impress Jim. He didn't really know why, but he did. Anyway, murder was only murder. He'd killed people before, so what would make this different? Apart from the fact it was Jim's family. And he was doing this just for Jim, not because he was his boss, but because he wanted to make him happy.

Jim smiled. He knew Sebastian would help. He had him right where he wanted him. "Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent sure." Sebastian smiled back. "What have you been thinking?"

"I don't know yet. I've been trying to think."

"When you have an idea, tell me."

"I will. Did you... did you feel bad when you did it?"