[06]

Warning; badly written smut at the end of the chapter

Jim was stressed. Well, stressed was an understatement. He didn't know what to do. He'd never had a relationship, and he was so scared of messing it all up. He didn't know how he was meant to act. He'd never learned how to care about another person. He guessed he was meant to hug Sebastian, and kiss him, and take him out for dates. Murder would be a good date, right?

Anyways, Jim was awake a long time before Sebastian. He usually woke up early, but this morning he just felt lonely. Jim didn't really know how to make himself busy. He hadn't had a client send an email or a text yet, so he had nothing to do. So he laid in bed with Sebastian, smiling at his lover's perfect features. Jim gently traced the scar over Sebastian's eye with his finger, smiling. It looked so good on Sebastian, although Jim was sure that everything looked good on Sebastian.

"Colonel Sebastian Moran." Jim mumbled, mindlessly, running his hands through Sebastian's hair. Seb smiled in his sleep. He was clearly dreaming about something good, for once. Jim hoped it was about him. He really hoped he was making Sebastian happy.

Once Sebastian had woken up, Jim decided he should take a shower and go and do some work. He'd noticed a new email, from someone asking if Jim could sort out a game for him.  Jim spent a few hours emailing back and forth, finding out details. It turned out that the man was a taxi driver, who'd had an aneurysm. He was dying, and wanted to send money to his kids. So he'd set up a game. Two pills. One deadly, one not. For every person he killed, he'd get money. Jim thought it was quite clever, and decided it was worth a shot.

After four long hours, Sebastian walked in to Jim's study. He sat down next Jim and smiled. He then picked up a piece of paper, and skimmed over the things written on it. He was about to say something, but a hand was wrapped around his throat and angry brown eyes we're staring into his blue ones.

"That has nothing to do with you. Leave it alone." Jim snarled. Sebastian looked away, and as Jim let go, he walked out of the room.

Sebastian felt so stupid to have thought that Jim would've never laid a finger on him. He was in love with the fucking bastard who'd just choked him. How fucked up did this need to be? He told himself it was his own fault and he shouldn't have read Jim's private notes, but he knew that didn't excuse Jim's actions. He wasn't scared of Jim, just hurt that he could do something like that after everything. Seb was confused as well. Did Jim even care, or was Seb just a distraction?

Jim instantly felt bad about what he'd done. As he watched Sebastian leave the room, tears pricked in his eyes. He wiped them away and carried on with work. Fuck it, he didn't need emotions right now. Emotions and feelings always got in the way of his work. He knew Sebastian well enough to know that he was going to go out and get drunk, and then he'd have to deal with a drunk Sebastian as well as an upset one. Just great. Absolutely fucking great.

Now he couldn't concentrate on his work. He kept thinking of that pretty face, and those sad eyes. And how he'd hurt the man who loved him. Then Jim became angry with himself. He shouldn't have done that. He decided that maybe, he should start taking the pills again. They made him less violent and angry, and got rid of his mood swings completely. But he'd convinced himself he was fine, and didn't need the drugs. So he wasn't going to take them.

With Sebastian still in his mind, Jim headed out of the study and to where he was sure that Seb would be. But Seb wasn't there. He'd gone out, without telling Jim. And now Jim was pissed off. He needed to know where Sebastian was going, and how long he'd be. He needed to know because then he'd feel like he had a slight bit of control. He needed control.

He picked up his phone and called Sebastian.

"Seb, where are you?" He asked.

"It don't matter." Seb responded. Jim could tell that he'd had a bit to drink, but he wasn't drunk.