3. Rocky

*Not edited*

Stella Rose Wilder-

After calling Kane to check in on how his day with Stevie and Ford was going and wishing the kids goodnight and sweet dreams, it was off to the after parties to network.

Phoebe, my team, and I decided we would take it upon ourselves, tonight, to celebrate our success with Harry with a few drinks. I had already elected that everyone would take off tomorrow to have a break from the stress fashion week had caused, before coming back in full swing on Monday.

Phoebe and I had just pulled up to the hotel that was hosting tonight's after part in an Uber. I thanked the driver, handing her a cash tip before getting out of the car and waiting for Phoebe. I paid the driver through the app as I waited.

We walked inside and rode the elevator up to the top floor where the bar and club were located. It was there that we found the rest of my team, already waiting at the bar with tray of shots.

"There she is!" Chad, my head digital creator, shouted as they spotted us approaching. Everyone cheered and clapped, making me laugh and bow dramatically.

Immediately, the drinks began circulating. After a couple rounds of shots, we switched to nursing our own drinks- a vodka-orange for me and a margarita for Phoebe.

We were still within our group, but many of them had moved into the dance floor. The longer we drank, the more people seemed to move into the hot, sweaty mob in the middle of the room. I, however, managed to keep to myself, sitting at our booth and watching, laughing as they all sang along to the music or danced sloppily.

I was so enthralled, simply people watching, that I didn't even notice someone join me at the table. In fact, I practically fell out of the booth when I turned back to find none other than Harry Styles himself sitting across from me.

I placed my hand on my chest, coughing slightly on my drink, causing Harry to laugh quietly. "You scared the shit out of me!"

"Well, Miss. Stella Rose, you should really be more alert in a club full of drunks." Harry teased.

I nodded in faux thoughtfulness, "Perhaps, you're right."

We both laughed at each other before our conversation fell quiet again.

It was broken by Harry, "So why aren't you out there with all of them?"

I shrugged, letting out a sigh as I swirled the ice around in my now empty glass. "I guess I'm just not much of a dancer."

"And why is that?"

"Well, after two kids, everything doesn't move as smoothly or as nicely as when you were twenty." I blurted, a nervous laugh releasing from my mouth.

Harry's eyes widened, "So you're married?" He questions, sounding almost... defeated?

This time, it was I who's eyes widened, "Oh, dear God, no. Not after what he did last year. Our divorce was finalized a couple of months ago but we've been separated since last year."

I find myself wondering why I felt such a need to assure him I wasn't with anyone. It's not like he'd ever want to be in a relationship with me. I mean, he's Harry fucking Styles and I'm 28 with two kids.

"Oh! I'm so sorry for bringing it up. I didn't kn-"

"Harry, it's totally fine. Some people know because it was all over the news considering his social status, but it's refreshing that someone doesn't know." I smiled, fondly.

Harry smiled, proudly before we both looked out to the crowd again. "Well, since it doesn't seem I will be able to drag you to the dance floor, would you care to play some pool?" He nodded toward the pool tables in the back of the bar.