4. Interrupted Meetings

*Not edited*

Stella Rose Wilder-

After a weekend full of quality time with Stevie and Ford, Monday had arrived- the day of my official meeting with Harry.

He had texted me a couple of times this weekend, the first being on Saturday morning to check in on how I was feeling after the eventful night before. Then again yesterday to confirm where we were going for our design meeting. We decided on the place he had mentioned at fashion week that he knew of- a small "hole-in-the-wall" coffee shop where he was less likely to be recognized to cause a ruckus.

Surprisingly enough, Luke had agreed to watch the kids this during my meeting. He had tickets to take them to a kiddie show in the park of his neighborhood just outside of the city.

"Stevie, do you have everything you need?" I called out as I zipped up Ford's little bag to send with them. Ford was sitting on my bed, watching me happily as he slapped his hands against the blankets, making me smile.

I heard the pitter-patter of her feet as she ran down the hall toward my room. She came bounding in, her slightly oversized backpack bouncing against her back. She skidded to a stop in front of me, grinning to show off her missing front teeth. "Yes, mommy!"

I chuckled, "What did you pack, lovely?"

Stevie began to count off on her fingers, "My coloring book and crayons, my tablet, my doll, and Ellie." Ellie is her stuffed elephant.

"Sounds good." I said, just as the doorbell rang, making me sigh. "Alright, kiddos, Dad's here."

"YAY!" Stevie squealed running out of the room and to the front door.

I shook my head and slung Ford's bag over my shoulder before scooping him up and following my excited daughter.

As I opened the door and revealed Luke, Stevie screeched again, launching herself at him as he opened his arms and lifted her onto his hip.

"Daddy!"

"Hey, Stevie girl." He smiled. As we made eye contact, both of our smiles fell slightly. He set Stevie next to him before reaching out to take Ford. "Stella," he nodded to me.

"You have a car seat and carrier for Ford, still, right? If not I'll give you mine." I offered.

"Nope, I have one. Set it up again this morning." He replied.

"Alright, well, I'll be home around three. I'll text you if it's any later. Don't forget Stevie's allergic to-"

"Stella, I've got it. Stop worrying. I'll see you later." He interrupted, smirking slightly before heading toward his SUV, parked just in front of the gate.

I huffed, defeatedly as I watched him drive off. However, my frown was quickly replaced when I saw my best friend, Georgie entering through the gate and waving at me.

"Stel! I can't believe I'm here helping you get ready for a date with Harry fucking Styles!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around me for a quick hug before we entered the house and I shut the door behind me.

We spent a bit of time sipping on coffee and catching up. I told her what happened at the runway show and the following after party with Luke, to which she promptly laughed her ass off at the fact that I'd finally "put him in his place."

"So what did you sketch for this suit proposition?" Georgie asked, pointing to the sketch pad in my hands, then reaching to grab it, only for me to pull it away.

"Ah, ah, ah! No peeking! I am keeping it a total secret. This is my first major client and I want it to be a surprise when it's done."

She groaned, dramatically, in response before I peeked over at the clock and saw the time.