7. Over It

*Not edited*

Stella Rose Wilder-

The next morning I woke up with my head pounding and my nose stuffed. I felt like literal shit. My phone ringing obnoxiously on the nightstand doesn't help my insane headache either.

I heard some chatter downstairs and saw Harry's shoes still sitting by the door, showing me he had stayed.

I groan at the sunlight coming through the blinds, rolling over to pick it up and look at the caller ID to see it's my mother. "Hello?" I answer, sleepily.

"Stella? Did you just wake up? It's nearly eleven. I'm on my way to pick the kids up." My mom exclaimed as soon as I picked up the phone.

"What?" I grumbled, sitting up and sliding my glasses on to look at the clock which, sure enough, read ten-fifty-four. "Shit, I'm sorry. It was a long night but-"

"What do you mean it was a long night? Did you sleep through the kids waking up?"

"No- I mean yes but I'm not here alone. I had a rough night. I just- I'll explain when you get here, how far are you?" I stood up from the bed, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment as my head throbbed at the change in elevation.

"About thirty minutes."

"Okay, I'll see you then. They'll be ready."

With that, I hung up the phone, sighing to myself. I quickly changed my clothes into some leggings and a sweatshirt, as I hadn't changed before I slept last night.

I made my way carefully downstairs, convinced caffeine and ibuprofen would cure the way I'm feeling.

As I entered the kitchen, the scene before me made my heart swell.

"Okay, pour it in. Be careful," Harry instructed.

He was standing at the island with Stevie on a stool next to him. A mixing bowl and pancake ingredients were spread out before then as Stevie used both hands to pour milk into the bowl.

"I did it!" Stevie exclaimed, passing the measuring cup off to Harry who smiled back at her, raising his hand for a high five. I watched as he turned to put the measuring cup in the sink and Stevie turned, noticing me in the entryway. "Mommy! I'm helping Harry make breakfast!"

Harry smirked as he faced me, sending me a wink.

"I see that! It looks delicious." I chuckled, walking to the kitchen.

I heard Ford squeal and I spit him in his high chair near Harry's end of the island, shoving pieces of pancake and scrambled eggs into his mouth. "What do you have here?" I teased, tapping his nose, making him snicker in laughter and kick his feet up to hit the tray of his high chair.

"Mommy, Harry made us breakfast. I had pancakes and eggs and bacon. It was so yummy." Stevie gushed.

"Well you better tell him thank you!"

"She did, I promise." Harry finally spoke, "Take a seat, some food for us is almost ready. There's some coffee and ibuprofen right there for you."

"Thank you," I replied, my cheeks flushing at his generosity.

Stevie climbed up on the stool next to me, taking to playing a game on her tablet when Harry placed a plate in front of me. I smiled sweetly at him and gestured for him to sit next to me with a plate of his own.

I quickly swallowed the pills with my coffee, which I'd added creamer and syrup too.

I cut my pancakes into pieces before taking a bite and practically moaning at the flavor, "Holy shit, Harry, these are delicious."